Chapter 49: Bloody Chicken

November... Hagrid's Hut...

Caleum POV

I stood among the other fourth year Gryffindors and Slytherins while Hagrid was talking about a hipogriff and what they are, how to handle them, yatta yatta yatta.  

If you couldn't tel, I don't really care for 'Care of Magical Creatures'

I do like Hagrid though.  

"Anyone want to try?" 

That snapped me out of my thoughts, 

"How 'bout you Mr.Malfoy?" 

Everyone turned to me, I shrugged and he handed me a piece of apple

I walked up to it, apparently it didn't like my attitude because it made itself appear bigger.  I'm guessing as a sign of superiority.

I I just held out my hand with the apple and it literally attacked,  

I had a gash in my hand where the bloody thing snagged me.  

"Malfoy, you're suppos' to gain its trust before feedin' him.  And not hold your han' out, toss it." Hagrid guided.  I just showed him my hand and he sighed muttering something about my father.  

I'll ask later. 

"To the infirmary Mr.Malfoy.  Anyone want to take him?" 

All the girls faces lit up and they started trying to get the spot.  I don't know why.  It's just to go to the infirmary.  

"I'll take him." James said, with my bag in hand.  Hagrid nodded and the girls' faces dropped.  He continued with the lesson as me and James walked back up to the castle.

"How did you miss the instructions? They were simple." 

I shrugged, "wasn't paying attention, not my thing." 

He shook his head and laughed.  

I laughed, still holding the gash on my hand closed.  

"It's not my fault the bloody chicken didn't like me." I defended.  

He laughed, "you should've paid attention." He reasoned.  

I tilted my head, "true." I said fairly.  

We soon found ourselves at the infirmary wing doors.  I opened them to reveal Madam Pomfrey checking on a few students.  She noticed us and walked over.  

"What seems to be the problem?" 

I held up my hand sheepishly. 

"How did this happen?" She asked examining my hand.  

"I didn't pay attention and was volunteered to feed the hipogriff and it attacked me."

She sighed, "your father was much worse than you were.  He believed the original Buckbeak killed him.  Just a small gash on his arm.  He wore a cast way longer than needed." 

I laughed, "sounds like father." 

She shook her head, "I'll just bandage it and you'll be on your way." 

I nodded, thanked her and we walked out.  

Bloody chicken.