Chapter 50: Beyond

Aquila's mind... the night of the Halloween... asleep in James' arms...

Aquila POV

I woke up in that same room.  The one from my coma.  Though it was nighttime now, the moonlight shown through the drapes.  I hesitantly got up and found a Drew's hung over the arm of the sofa with a note.

"Please wear this tonight, I will be expecting you at seven for supper." 

I delicately picked up the gown.  It was a silver color with a knee length form fitting skirt with a slit rubbing up to about mid thigh on the right and an off the shoulder neckline.  I walked into the bathroom and slipped it on, and rummaged through the cabinets to find some sort of makeup.  Surprisingly there was a full cabinet full with all sorts of products.  I quickly applied some simple makeup and left my hair down.  I went into the closet and rummaged around to find some heels.  After looking for a few minutes I found a pair of simple silver stilettos.  I walked out into the room to see the time is almost at seven.  I rushed out of the room and into the hall.  I walked around a bit before I found two large double doors that had an alluring scent emitting from behind.  I knocked swiftly.  

I felt my palms sweating and my heart beat faster.  "Come in." 

I took a deep breath before opening the door.

Beyond the two large dark wood doors with gold handles is a room with black and gold wall paper.  A large black framed fireplace is lit a blaze giving a soft warm glow.  A large black stained wood table sat in the middle, matching chairs with gold plush cushions sat around it.  Gold and black drapes sat hung from the top of the large windows.  A large crystal chandelier hung from the gold painted ceiling.  The painting above the mantle shown a black snake wrapped around a gold throne, a white skull sat on the right arm rest.  A black wood base grandfather clock sat in the corner, a white face with gold details all over. 

The table was set with gold plates and silverware.  Black napkins folded neatly.  Crystal chalices placed neatly with the set.  Gold platters and dishes of food sat out with a get black candelabras mixed through.

It's beautiful.

At the end of the table stood one person I didn't think I would see so soon.  

"Jaxon?"

He looked up to me with those captivating eyes that made me question everything.  

"Ahh, perfect timing.  Have dinner with me?" He said gesturing to the place set next to him.  

I glided over to the seat where he stood with the chair out waiting for me.  He pushed it forward before sitting in his own.  He smiled at me. 

"How have you been since last we spoke?" He asked.

"Well, how have you been?" I asked, a little unsure.   

How does this work? Isn't this a dream?

I went to sleep after the dance with James.

Is this just my imagination?

"I've been occupied.  You looked stunning at the ball, just as you look stunning now."

"Thank you.  You look charming yourself." I complimented.  He wore a black suit with a white shirt and black tie.  His hair wasn't styled in a particular way, but still looked neat.  He wore a silver watch and a few rings.  He did look handsome, but it wasn't James.  

"I bet you're wondering why you are here, yes?" He said snapping his fingers.  Instantly food started serving itself onto our plates and put chalices filled with champagne.  

"A little, I thought I wouldn't see you until sixth year." I admitted.

He nodded in understanding, "yes, well, I wanted to check in with you.  See how you are doing and all.  I missed you, but wanted you to be free for some time." 

I nodded but not fully understanding what he was saying.

"I wanted to make a visit, let's say once a month or so.  Just to catch up, to check in.  I want to get to know you better.  Being the one to help save my father and all." He said. It sparked some questions in my head.  

"Yeah, well, about that.  How exactly am I supposed to help your father? Is he sick? Is he in danger?"

He shook his head, "not exactly.  I just need you, when the time is right.  You can help me." 

"Okay" I said a little cautious.  Just me? No spells? Potion? Charm? Chant? Skill? 

Just me.  

How-

"Dance with me?" He asked, standing up and holding his hand out to me.  I then noticed that we had finished dinner by then, I guess I didn't notice. 

I took his hand and stood up.  He led up to the side of the table closest to the fire.  He snapped again and music started playing.  A slow waltz echoed through the room as he took my waist and I rest my hands on his shoulders.  He led us through steps as the only sound through the room was the song we danced to. 

The clock chimed and he took a deep breath.

He dipped me before holding me upright.  His hands still on my waist and mine on his shoulders.  

"I will tell you once more, you are gorgeous, love." He starts, "I shall see you soon." He duped his head, bringing his lips to mine.  

Everything swirled around me as my eyes fluttered open to a smiling James laying next to me. 

"Morning, baby." He said tucking a few loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"Morning." I said shakingly.