Dying?(mikasa x fem reader)

"Mikasa..." You groan, calves burning, slowly dragging your legs to a stop. You heave over, hands on your knees as you struggle to inhale raspy breaths. Sweat drips down your face, stinging your eyes.

"Mikasa, I can't do this anymore."

"(Y/N)." She sighs, backtracking a few steps from in front of you to return to your side.

"C'mon, let's go. We still have five miles to run."

Your already failing breathing hitches. Five miles? Now way in hell could you do five more miles!

You open your eyes to squint up at her. "Mikasa, please."

"Begging isn't going to work. It's shameful. Come on, we need to finish."

"Mikasa! I feel like I'm dying! I can't do this anymore!" You desperately want to convince her that you're not kidding around.

She sighs, taking a seat on the hard ground pulling you down with her. You smile weakly, proud of yourself for convincing her to let you stop. You were about to sing your praises when-

"You feel like you're dying?"

You look up at her with curious eyes. What's she getting at?

"(Y/N), do you know why we're doing this?" She brushes a strand of sweaty hair off of your forehead, staring intently into your eyes. (get you a girl who'll touch you even when your gross and sweaty.)

"We're doing this so that you can be strong, healthy and fit. I'm making you do all this work so that your body won't fail on you when you need it most- out there." She points out to the walls. "Because, while you may feel like you're dying now, if you are not prepared for when you're out there, you will actually be dying."

You gaze into her eyes, full of passion. You're starting to see what she's getting at.

"Do you understand (y/n)?"

You nod your head. "I'm sor-"

"Don't apologize. I understand. I'm tired too." Your eyes widen at her confession.

"No way! You never get tired! You're way to badass to waste time getting tired!"

The corners of her mouth lift in a soft smile.

"Really? Well, I always thought you were the same way."

"No way, I'm not!"

"Yes you are. (y/n), you've already run 10 miles, what's 5 more? I know you can do it. Come on, let's finish it? Together?" She gets up, offering her hand to you.

You grab in and hoist yourself up, meeting her with a quick peck to her lips.

"Okay. Thanks for the motivation. But if I die, I'm blaming you!"