1

TW: Child abuse, spousal abuse implied. ⚠️

Before I tell you my story. I should say a few things.

The hero Endeavor, Enji Todoroki is not the good man you thought he was.

This is about the six of us. The six of us that were used by the man you called a hero. Rei, Touya, Fuyumi, myself, Natsuo and Shouto.

My name is Ayumi Todoroki, I am twenty one years old, and it is time for me to tell the truth.

My father, Enji Todoroki, has kept these truths from the public and has worked so hard to silence us all. But he can't stop me.

So, let's start from the beginning shall we?

..

Rei Haruno was only seventeen when she was married to Enji. She hardly knew the man. The only thing she did know was that her chances of being a hero vanished as she was practically sold to him. The frost queen herself, diminished by the flames. It was Enji's idea, to make the perfect fire and ice child. But genetics are fickle, and quirks are unpredictable.

It took them five tries to finally make the perfect son. The first son was not what Enji desired. Rei gave birth to Touya when she was eighteen. The flaming red haired boy, with a fire quirk hotter than his body could handle. The next year she had Fuyumi, in my fathers eyes, a complete failed attempted. She, just like my mother could manipulate ice. Pushed aside she hardly cared to train her quirk. Besides, by the time the rest of us were born, Fuyumi had other things to do.

Then, me. Ayumi. My mother only twenty by with now three children and a husband who was never home. If he was, he usually tormented Touya, he was the only one with a fire quirk after all. As much as I could tell you right now, I will speak of my eldest brother later.

I was born the most disappointing. A complete mutation had formed. My quirk allows me to manipulate temperature and water, hydrokinesis with extra steps. I trained on my own. Made my name and my quirk my own. Because Enji was furious that the fourth time had not produced his perfect eir.

The next child is Natsuo, my sassy, insanely intelligent brother. His quirk, intense freeze, something he could hardly use without numbing his hands. Again, Enji ignored this one. Natsuo practically grew up with no father at all.

Finally, Shouto was produced after a few years break, as demanded by my mothers doctor. No woman should have ever been forced to endure five pregnancies in seven years. Yet, she still loved us all. She loved us all until she went mad.

Shouto was finally born with half fire and half ice. As soon as his quirk manifested father trained him mercilessly. The boy was homeschooled, us older siblings were mostly responsible for teaching him when we could.

God, I miss that kid.

Shouto if you are seeing this know I am so so sorry. It will never be your fault for existing. Its none of our faults. We were dealt the bad hand by being born with a father like ours.

⚠️Child Abuse Warning⚠️

When I was ten, I remember hiding behind the doorframe with Touya, he already had bandages covering his body. The redhead hardly ever saw our mother, after the years our mother could hardly look him in the face. The twelve year old boy looked too much like our father. The burns were too similar and she just couldn't do it. So the rest of us cared for him after Enji's brutal trainings. We all tried our best to bandage his wounds.

I held my brothers hand with tears in my eyes as I heard her talking to our Grandmother (a woman whom I have never met) over the phone. Saying how Shouto is turning out just like Enji. I was so focused on what I was hearing I didn't see Shouto walk in the kitchen.

Touya and I could hear the tea kettle screaming as our mother practically sobbed. Her whole being shook down to her soul. Touya didn't stop Shouto from going in that day. He was too busy trying to comfort me. But both of our eyes were glued to them.

It was all so sudden. Our mother gripped Shouto's tiny arm and poured the hot water over his left eye.

Touya and I rush in, I manipulate the water to cool it, trying to ease my baby brother's pain. But the damage was done. As soon as my mother realized what she did she broke more.

From there, we hardly saw her. It would be years before I could get her back again. And even then, that's a work on progress.

The night of the kettle burn, my mother was taken away. Enji hauled her off to the hospital and committed her. It was a year before I saw her for the first time after that. And she's still there, to this day.

Warning Over ⚠️ ⚠️

Its not my role to tell you everything, but I will say that Enji Todoroki drove his wife, my mother Rei, insane. His cruelty knew no boundaries. He didn't stop with his wife, nor his children.

Growing up I could never understand why that man could save countless strangers while doing what he did to us.

NOTES:
Edited: 9/3/2021

I only changed a few things, like Rei's last name to Haruno. I will change Ayumi's as well. Someone commented it. I originally called her Rei Koorino because I couldn't find her name.

I also added in more detail at the end.