6

Most of us dream about being heros. I did, my brother Touya did. Fuyumi wanted to, she wanted it so badly but inevitably she did not become one. Shouto, I don't know. He might want it for himself but he has spent far too many years with our father to tell.

I became a hero to spite my fathers words and to protect the world from people like him. Growing up these occurances of violence and mental torture felt so isolated to my family. None of my friends had these issues. But as I've grown older and experienced more of the hero world, I have realized there are far too many abusive assholes out there. Many abusers are already in positions of power like my father. Many use said power against their victims....

My brother Touya, he wanted to be a hero. My father wanted that too. But his quirk was too much for his body.

So was Fuyumi's, yet father forced us all to train. All of us have permanent scarring. I could show you my blotted shoulder, when I was training to instantly drop temperatures of fire but couldn't. I could show you my sisters arms, where spots of white dance like vitiligo. Spots that are numb to the touch and sore on cold days. I could show you Natsuos knees, tell you about the day he fell to the ground from exhaustion of his body. I could show you all of our bodies, littered with scars.

But really, will I?

Once again I end the rexording. Its eleven in the morning. I have been mulling over the files I printed a few nights ago. They keep me from sleep. Not that that is anything new. Sleeping has never been very pleasant, and work is a good distraction from it.

I groan at them, the images of villains inked into my brain like tattoos. Tomura Shigaraki, quirk: decay, light blue hair, no photos of his face. Witness says his face was dry and scarred. Himiko Toga, quirk: transformation. She has light blonde hair always worn in two buns, yellow eyes and a sadistic smile. She's short and looks like a school girl. Kurogiri... I could go on and on.

I leave the files in my locked desk at home before heading back into work. I've got more paper work to do because Hawks is a stupid bird man who can't seem to do it himself.

The office is quiet like usual. The hum of printers and computers filling the void of silence. Most day shift people are on lunch when I come in. To my surprise, my favorite intern sits in my office eating his lunch.

"Oh hi Mercury. The break room was loud so..." he trails off.

"Not a problem Toki! What does bird breath having you doing today?" I ask, making light conversation as I log into my computer and clock in my hours.

"He had me walk around with him this morning. Then he said to come find you after lunch, which is another reason why I am here," As he talks I tie my long black hair up into a high ponytail. A few stubborn baby hairs fall around my face but I ignore then.

"Ah is that his way of telling me he needs me or is he ditching again?" I ask. Usually if Hawks wants something he asks in person.

"He said he has a meeting to attend to today and he wants you there. Its at five pm." The boy says.

"Probably because he never pays attention," I sigh. "Alright. Then whenever we have to leave you can head home or wherever you are staying,"

"I will be going back to school today. I can be here again next week but I must participate in academics,"

"Ah I remember those days. When I was in my second and third year I was hardly in class. I did my work study with FatGum. Then I worked for him for two years until he transfered me here," I tell him. I'm not entirely sure why. The kid seems to like the open conversation. He probably just like being talked to like a normal adult. I refuse to look down on him as a child.