25

Spoiler warnings for like, mid season 5 kind of.

Also there is some slightly adult rated content in this chapter so I'll mark it with this warning ⚠️ mark.

Its already New Years Eve.

Its been only a week and a half since I left the league and I am about to be pulled right back in.

But for now, for tonight, I get to just exist.

I thought the family would get together but Natsu is at some party, Fuyuni is off to spend the night with mom and Shoto, and Touya, well, who knows.

That just leaves me and Bird Brains.

Kiego told me he had a surprise for tonight. Something nice, something normal. So now I just wait, in a simple black long sleeve shirt and acid washed jeans. Jeanist would be pissed if he saw these.

Its only 8 pm, an ample time to wait around and be bored, not.

I sip on a freshly opened canned coffee, watching the news like normal, scrolling through texts. According to Sho, the work study starts the day after tomorrow, Izuku and Katsuki will be with him. According to Shoto, Katsuki is quite the loud mouth, which means he's going to give dad hell. I smile at the thought.

A tap comes to my window, and there sits a bird perched on the fire escape. I roll my eyes at him. Can't he just use the door?

No. Lately he's been more cautious around me. He's been speaking weird and taking patrols alone. He and Touya have been communicating, and I know that but its clear Kiego is in far deeper than that.

I open the window just to be pulled outside. The dork is in casual clothes which is a welcomed changed from the khaki.

"You're lucky I have my phone and keys on hand idiot," I say.

He gives me a light smirk. "Indeed. Lets go, we've got some fireworks to catch, Yu," he is still replying oddly.

He never calls me just Yu.

I hug his neck tight as he flies upward into the dark sky. We make it far above the clouds so that they look like a fluffy blanket below us. Its dark up here, most of tbe city light blocked out.

I use one hand to feel his wings, to see if he's too cold. I'm using my quirk to keep warm up here.

That's when I feel it, a tiny object, no larger than a beetle, in his wing. I feel him tense up so I leave it there, then I feel more, only grazing them lightly. Bugs. So not only is he being watched, he's being listened to. And if it's not the hero commission, because I would know, its the league.

I pull my hand back to his neck and give him a tap, its ok.

He seems to get the hint.

We keep flying for awhile, I can't count the minutes. All I can see are the stars above us, and my frosted breath in the air.

We finally start our decend after what felt like an hour, according to my phone, its actually had been roughly an hour in the air.

We are nowhere near the city now, nor any city. We are clearly up on one of the mountains, situated in a small, meadow clearing. There is fresh snow covering the grass, and a small bag in the center of it.

"You bring me here to murder me?" I joke.

"Course not little crow! No cell service up here, meaning none of the little fleas can hear us. And it's nice isn't it?" His posture is clearly more relaxed as he pulls things out from the large bag.