New Atmosphere

Goeun POV

"It's Goeun."

I looked up when I heard my name being mentioned and I saw everyone looking at me so I smiled shyly.

I intentionally made myself busy unwrapping boxes of gifts so I can't interact with the guys inside of this room. But now that I was mentioned, it seems like my participation is needed in this conversation.

"Oh. Hi Goeun! Congratulations on being Top 1. This is Lee Minho, our Top 1 also." The guy wearing a black blazer introduces his friend named Minho.

So he's the second year's top 1. He looks relaxed though. He smiled at me with his dimple showing and shyly wave his hand.

That gesture was cute.

"And I am Kimbum, this man right here is Joohyuk."

The guy wearing a black blazer was Kimbum and beside him was Joohyuk.

"Ah, Hi! I'm Kim Goeun. Nice meeting you all."
I greeted them shyly. I just don't know why I'm so awkward towards guys.

I cut the stares and looked down to continue unwrapping gifts.

"Who's the other one Sohee?" Asked Kimbum.

"Oh, she's Hyeyoung." Sohee pointed Hyeyoung beside me.

"Hi there Hyeyoung. You look great tonight." Kimbum is interested in Hyeyoung.

"Well thank you. You guys look good too."

But I know Hyeyoung, she likes only one man in this room. And that is Bohyun, Sohee's brother, but Sohee doesn't know about it. Hyeyoung didn't tell me and Sohee about it, but how did I know? I observed her.

I can tell it by the way she looks at Bohyun and how she behaves when he's around. Our friend Hyeyoung is a loud girl. Especially inside of our classroom, but her mouth shuts whenever Sohee mentioned her brother to us.

I don't know how she formed a feeling of attraction to Bohyun when she only met him once in our school hallway.
I've known Bohyun and Sohee before college but I'm only close to Sohee, with Bohyun, we just smile whenever we see each other.

My phone vibrated. My Appa probably looking for me right now.

"Are you still there? Can you go home now? Your brother can't sleep without you." My dad is on the other line.

"Yes, I'm leaving now," I replied shortly and cut the call.

"You're going home already?!" Sohee asked frustratedly.

"Gotta go now. My brother is looking for me." I said.

"Oh, you're leaving now Goeun?" Bohyun asked me as I get up from sitting. His friends looked at me.

"Yes, Choco can't sleep without me. Hehe" I said.

"Oh right. He's your baby. Hahaha goodnight then, there are umbrellas at the front door. Take one of it with you, the rain is still pouring." Bohyun said glancing at the window.

Sohee is my best friend but her brother was more thoughtful of me than her with me.

"Don't get the purple umbrella Goeun. It's mine." Sohee warned. Oh, she's my best friend huh?

"Minho you have your car with you, right? Give her a ride. It's raining outside." Joohyuk said.

"Oh right. Come on, I'll give you a ride." Minho immediately gets up and grabs his keys in his coat.

"No need for that I just--" I immediately refuse but he cut me off.

"No, it's okay I insisted."