Burning Hot

Minho POV

I forgot to ask Bohyun and Goeun about the drinks I want to buy so I hurried to follow them.

"Where are you going?" Kimbum asks.

"I forgot to tell them the drinks I like to have, I'll just follow them." I simply said and walk away.

The convenience store isn't far, it will just take you a few steps outside this subdivision. As I get nearer I saw Bohyun and Goeun standing at the side of the street, hugging each other. I didn't know they are this close.

I felt a pang in my chest. I feel my eyebrows furrowed and my lips pursed. My hands suddenly become sweaty. I found myself stepping back, walking away from them as I feel like intruding on their moment.

I don't know how to describe my feeling after seeing them like that. I don't understand myself. Do I like Goeun? Is this jealousy?

"Oh. You're back already. Where's Bohyun and Goeun?" Joohyuk asks. I can't answer his question. I sat on one of the benches and stay quiet while waiting for them.

After a few minutes, they are back with packs of snacks and drinks. Their actions now don't show any affection nor closeness. Maybe I am just overthinking what I saw. Maybe they just did it for another reason. But what reason it might be?

I look at Goeun and she's busy taking care of his brother so I walk and sit beside her. I grab the snacks, open them and offer them to her. "You should eat too," I said and handed her the food. She slightly bow and said thank you.

"Can we postpone our meeting tomorrow? Let's resume it the next day." I ask her, I just want one day's break to analyze my feelings towards her. I can't think about it when we are together.

She look confused but nodded anyway, "okay if that's what you want." She said.

_______________________________________________

Morning came.

The clock shows around 9 am and I panic. Goeun must be waiting for me. I grab my towel and fix my hair, I was about to enter my bathroom when I remember my decision of postponing it. I sighed heavily and throw my body back to my bed.

I wouldn't be able to see her the whole day. Just the thought of it makes me feel weak. I can't even go to Bohyun's place, he said he'll be busy packing for their out-of-town trip.

I did the basics routine I usually do every day. Wake up, take a shower, eat, open random books, scroll on my phone, then eat again. But today is different from before. Today my mind keeps thinking of her as I wake up. Today my eyes keep looking for her as I open my books. Today my ears keep hearing her giggles as I take my lunch. Today my heart is beating so fast because of her.

I guess I like her.

'Cause if not, why do I feel giddy when we are about to meet.
'Cause if not, why do I always want to be near her.
'Cause if not, why do I felt a stab in my heart when I saw her and Bohyun hugging yesterday?

I like her.

I admit it now. I like Goeun. I don't know when and how but I know I like her now.
_______________________________________________

Goeun POV

Another day came. Bohyun and his family left early today. As I peer my sight out of my window, I only saw their house close, even their guard dog isn't barking.

He and Sohee bid farewell through text and promise me to bring souvenirs.

I walk downstairs and prepare food for Appa and my brother. I fried eggs, slices of bacon, and slice some fruits. Appa came down with his full outfits ready to go.