11. Rosie's Day

{rated M, idol life, fluff}

Can you be my lover up until the very end?
Let me show you love, oh I don't pretend.
Stick by my side even when the world is givin' in.
⤝❁⤞
A/N: Warning: this story is slightly more graphic compared to my other rated M stories, so please stay away or skip the sex scenes if it makes you uncomfortable. I don't want to taint any innocent souls but I still wanna provide content for the thirsty bishes (aka me). Thank you for coming to my tedtalk.
⤝❁⤞

February 10th, 2021

With every year that passed, Chaeyoung was becoming more and more certain that the concept of time didn't actually exist. Today, she had spent hours engaged in meetings to plan her solo project. Just a few days ago, Blackpink held their first virtual concert and she performed Gone for the first time. And last year, there was no pandemic restricting her life. All these events and so much more happened so quickly, so turbulently, that to think a whole year had passed by again was hard to comprehend.

One of the things that had remained the same despite all the changes all around Chaeyoung was her relationship with Jungkook. In fact, it had grown even stronger. More loving, more dependable. When things got hard, when she was beginning to lose hope, when her confidence started to dip, he had been there to support her. To comfort her, to lift her back up – in more ways than one – and show her just how much she was loved. This was the third birthday she was spending with him, and she couldn't be more excited.

Last year, he had taken her to a private resort in Jeju Island and showered her with flowers, gifts, and kisses. They had spent that entire weekend entangled in sheets and each other. At times, it was hard to distinguish whether it was a birthday celebration or a honeymoon. Either way, she had the time of her life.

But this year, things would be different due to the pandemic. This year, they were going to have a small, lowkey celebration at her house. Now that she thought about it though, there were plenty of beds in her house too. So, maybe this birthday would not be much different from last year's after all. Sure, instead of an ocean view, they may be surrounded by city lights, but she could see them spending just as much time (if not more) making good use of her bed. The anticipation of doing just that had helped her get through all the stressful meetings that day.

Jungkook had already arrived at her house hours before she did. He had sent her dozens of snaps of himself snuggling with Hank throughout the day and she was silently going insane as she sneakily watched them in between her meetings. It was getting to the point where she was beginning to grow jealous of her own puppy – which was crazy and told her more than anything that she needed to get home as soon as possible.

Needless to say, she rushed home as quickly as she could. As soon as she walked through the doors of her riverside condo, her feet sore and her mind filled with jumbled song lyrics, she was enveloped in her two favourite scents: Jungkook and flowers. With each deep breath she took, her airway filled with that addicting fragrance. With it came an instantaneous feeling of elation, like it was her own, personalized drug.

She took a few steps inside and looked around, not surprised to see every available surface covered in colourful flower bouquets from her fans. The hallway, the coffee table, the bookshelves, and especially the dining room table was filled with dozens of diverse flower arrangements – everything from blue and white roses to yellow daises – making the whole house look like an indoor garden.

"Hankie!" she squealed when she heard his collar jingle, followed by the sound of his little paws padding across the hardwood floors.

A wide grin spread across her face as he barked and came scampering down the hall to meet her at the entrance of the house. She scooped him up in her arms and rubbed his fur. "Hi sweetie, did you have a good time today playing with daddy? Did he give you lots of snuggles? Hmm? I missed you, my little Hankie!"