23. Business & Pleasure

{CEOs au, enemies to lovers, arranged marriage}

Be my queen,
I'll be your king.
We'll be rulers,
I'll give you everything.
⤝❁⤞

Mondays. To ordinary people, it was the most dreaded day of the week. The beginning of another cycle of painful studies or work. An end to joyous weekends that were supposed to be a break from all the stress, but somehow always passed by so quickly that one hardly had the chance to feel relaxed at all before the week restarted.

But to Park Chaeyoung, who thrived on efficiency and loved routine, Mondays couldn't come soon enough. Unlike so many others, Chaeyoung thought of these days not as an unavoidable hurdle to overcome, but as an opportunity. It was a chance to work hard and achieve greater things. And what she often found was that a successful beginning to her week set the tone for all the other days that followed.

This Monday began just like any other. She woke up at 6 am sharp in her high-rise, riverfront luxury condo. She made herself a kale and spinach smoothie as was her routine on these days. The next hour was spent doing Pilates in front of the panoramic window in her room as the sun slowly began to envelope her in its warm, bright light.

She showered in her huge marble and granite tiled bathroom for exactly 15 minutes before blow-drying her long, caramel-coloured hair and then immediately twisted it up into a tight bun at the back of her head. Not a single strand out of place.

Her makeup came next, and it was immaculate as always. The wings of her eyeliner were as sharp as her jawline and her eyelashes tinted the darkest shade of black. Red lipstick lined her full, pouty lips, adding sophistication and just a hint of sex appeal to her overall look. Exactly what she was going for.

Her outfit had already been laid out the night before and consisted of an over the shoulder all white jumpsuit and sky-high black pumps. As soon as she slipped it on, she stole a glance at herself in the floor-to-ceiling mirror in the foyer and nodded in approval. One look at her and anyone could tell she was a CEO. A rich, young, and successful one at that.

She left her condo at exactly 7:15 and walked over to the coffee shop across the street where the barista already had her usual Grande black coffee waiting for her

She left her condo at exactly 7:15 and walked over to the coffee shop across the street where the barista already had her usual Grande black coffee waiting for her. Then, she made her way over to her black Porsche parked along the street and was about to climb into the driver's seat when something caught her eye.

Because right beside her vehicle was a bookstore. Usually, she paid no attention to this place and truthfully, she often forgot about its existence entirely. But that day, she saw something that frustrated her enough to forego her usual morning routine, risk being late to work, and step inside this bookstore.

She slammed the door to her Porsche a little too forcefully and quickly walked over to take a closer look at the two magazines that decorated the shiny window displays of the bookstore. On the one hand, there was the cover of Business Insider Korea which featured Chaeyoung, herself, on the cover in a professional two-piece black suit, standing stoic with a serious expression on her face that had seemed mature at the time. This magazine wasn't the problem.