1. ꜱᴀᴠᴀɢᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

{idol life au, fluff, slight angst}

Did somebody, did somebody
break your heart?
Looking like an angel
but you're savage love.
⤝❁⤞

She marched into the meeting twenty minutes late. Her white Vans sneakers squeaked against the sparkling floors as she quickly made her way towards the back of the conference room. Barely sparing Jungkook a glance, she slumped into the seat beside him and ran a hand through her cotton-candy-pink hair. Her expression was almost as dark as the oversized black sweater that was draped over her slim body like a protective cape.

Jungkook had never seen her in casual wear. Nor had he seen her so up close. Their interactions were limited to quick greetings exchanged backstage at award shows and music events. Based on the rare glimpses of her he had caught, however, he wasn't surprised to discover she looked even better in person than she did on tv screens.

"Nice of you to join us, Rosé-sshi." Bang PD's voice dripped with sarcasm as he stared at her impassive face.

Jungkook and Rosé had been summoned to this meeting. It was taking place in one of Bighit Entertainment's private conference rooms early this morning with YG's new female CEO and Bang PD. Which was very strange considering YG and Bighit Entertainment were almost constantly at war with one another. Blackpink and BTS were barely allowed to speak to each other, let alone comfortable enough to visit each other's companies.

"Sorry, but I've never been here," Chaeyoung replied politely, though it was difficult to detect any sincerity in her apology. "I had a hard time finding my way around."

"That's quite alright," YG's CEO responded with a curt nod. "Now that you are both here, we can get right down to business."

Jungkook leaned forward in his seat, curious to learn the reason behind such a sudden, secret meeting. The only rationale he could think of that made even a little bit of sense was that their two companies were proposing a collaboration. As the two main vocalists of their groups, that was the only plausible explanation for this gathering.

He grabbed a bottle of water from the bucket in the middle of the table and took a swig in preparation for the big reveal.

"We want you two to pretend to be in a relationship."

"Excuse me, what?!" Jungkook sputtered, choking on his water while everyone else remained perfectly calm.

He glanced to his left, expecting to see the shock on his face matched by Rosé's, but she just sighed in resignation. Like she already had a sense of what was going on. Why hadn't Jungkook pieced it together, then? Oh ya, because it was straight up crazy!

Bang PD slid a box of tissues across the table, motioning at Jungkook to clean himself up. "She couldn't have been more clear, Jungkook. We want the two of you to date."

"But why?" Jungkook demanded, utterly confused. "We weren't allowed to even glance in each other's directions a few hours ago and now you expect us to date?"

"This kind of thing happens all the time." He was shocked when Rosé was the one to respond to his concerns. "It's just a publicity stunt. Something must be going on in the government and they need more shocking news to cover it up."

Jungkook looked between YG's CEO and Bang PD for confirmation of this rationale, his face blanching when they simply nodded their agreement.

"But we barely even know each other!" He exclaimed, a part of him knowing he sounded like an unprofessional baby, but unable to stop himself from arguing further.