3. Halloween Party

{idol life au, halloween/horror au, 97-liners}

Tender lumplings everywhere,
Life's no fun without a
good scare.
⤝❁⤞

Bambam was no Jackson when it came to throwing parties, but this Halloween was his time to shine.

"Why did this dumbass have to pick the scariest mansion in the entire city to rent?" Lisa groaned as she drove through several pitch black, dirt roads.

Lisa and Chaeyoung were heading to the party together, and Lisa was the unlucky one who had to drive. They had passed the last house in the city miles ago and quickly entered an unchartered area. There were no streetlights here and a thick cloud of fog hung lazily in the air. Even with the high beams turned on in Lisa's car, it was difficult to see anything except scraggly trees on the side of the road.

"It only seems scary because it's nighttime and it's Halloween," Chaeyoung pointed out, peering at the GPS on her phone. "We're only a few minutes away!"

Lisa's lips pursed into a fine line as she concentrated on the dark road. "Okay, then let me reframe the question. Why did this dumbass have to throw a party on Halloween of all nights? Bad things happen on Halloween. Haven't you seen all the movies? Just look at how creepy the night is, how much fog suddenly decided to show up in the air. It's like the universe is trying to warn us about something!"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. Sometimes, she and Lisa were so similar, but other times they couldn't be more different. Because while Lisa was easily frightened and weary of every little spooky incident, Chaeyoung absolutely loved everything about Halloween. The costumes, the scary stories, the myths about the magical creatures, it was all so exciting to her.

"Chill, Lisa," she said, trying to calm her down. "It's going to be a fun night. The 97 liners haven't gathered together like this in a long time."

The 97 liners consisted of pretty much all the prominent Kpop idols born in the year 1997. Jungkook, Bambam, Yugyeom, Mingyu, DK, Jaehyun, and Eunwoo were the males. Chaeyoung, Lisa, Mina, Jihyo, Eunha, and Yuju were the females. Since they were all the same age, it was easy for all of them to speak to and connect with one another without the need to maintain any formalities. Over the years, as they shared common struggles, all 13 of them naturally built strong friendships.

Their group usually tried to plan activities at least once a month to stay in touch, but with all their busy schedules, it was almost possible for all of them to get together at once. This Halloween was one of the only rare times they were all free, so no one was allowed to back out of attending the party.

Lisa continued to drive for a few more minutes down the narrow, bumpy road, mumbling curse words here and there whenever a crow would squawk past them or she would hit a pothole. Until finally, through little, clear patches in the fog, Chaeyoung could just see the outline of a large mansion.

As they neared the entrance and more of the house became visible, Chaeyoung couldn't help feeling pleasantly surprised. It looked like one of those abandoned mansions you see in the movies, complete with aged, steel gates, high pillars and boarded up windows. It was also 3 stories high and stretched on for several metres as if it had an endless amount of rooms.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Lisa croaked as they almost reached the rusted front gates. "What is it so big for? There's only 13 of us! What was the need?!"

"Just in case we decide to stay the night?" Chaeyoung offered with a shrug.

Lisa turned to gape at her. "There's no way in hell I'm staying here for a full night!"