13. Bad Intentions 3

{bad girl/bad boy au, heist, sexual tension}

Tried to breathe but I can't,
Cause the air she feeds me is damned.
Got a touch like a thorn
Cause the girl, she's hiding horns.
⤝❁⤞

"Tell me everything, and don't leave a single detail out."

Jungkook crossed his leather-jacket-enshrouded arms across his broad chest and leaned back in his seat. Waiting. Calculating. Challenging. As he stared at the perplexing woman sitting in front of him, his expression was carefully stoic, but his muscles were taut with tension. Like coils ready to spring into action at the first sign of defiance.

Park Chaeyoung stared back at him with an equally impassive face. Even though her arms were tied behind her back and she was obviously at a disadvantage, there was a fire in her eyes. Like she had been anticipating Jungkook's arrival and she was prepared for war.

There was a world of a difference between Park Chaeyoung and Park Roseanne. The adorably clueless girl that had stumbled into Jungkook's life had vanished completely. In her place was a feisty, incorrigible woman who drove him insane. The small smiles had been exchanged for smug grins, the soft voice had faded into one filled with sarcasm and attitude, and the pale blonde hair had been chopped and dyed the darkest shade of black possible. If it hadn't been for that pretty face and that sumptuous body, Jungkook would never have been able to peg them as the same person.

It didn't take him long to figure out her identity. After she had betrayed him, he temporarily paused all his other work duties and solely focused on her. Jin and Taehyung hacked into every domain they could to find her, using the fingerprints she had left all over his house. And then, they found Jungkook's stolen car at a dingy motel and bribed the security guard to allow them access to all the CCTV footage.

What they discovered was shocking.

"What do you want to know?" Chaeyoung asked, crossing a bare leg over the other, and leaning back in her chair like she possessed all the time in the world.

"Why don't we start at the very beginning?"

"Okay, so at the very beginning, there was nothing. And then I believe someone may have said let there be light –"

Jungkook shifted forward so fast that she hardly had a second to realize what he was doing. In the next second he had grabbed her chin and sharply tilted it up to meet his death glare, their faces separated by a mere breath.

"You know that's not what I meant. I want to know how the daughter of a crack addict and the world's most notorious con artist is out here stealing petty money from gangs. Why did she target me? Why is she in Thailand right now when she could be anywhere in the world? Why is she wanted dead or alive in 12 countries – all with different names?"

For a second something like fear flashed across her stone-cold eyes. She wasn't expecting him to know all those details. To someone like her anonymity was everything. Every accurate fact he shot at her was like a fresh bullet in her invisible armour – an armour built purely of secrets.

But that fear was quickly replaced with her usual carelessness.

"Well," she uttered, voice barely above a whisper as she held his gaze. Her breath was tantalizingly warm against his skin. "It seems like you know quite a lot about me already."

Jungkook released his grip on her chin and fell back onto his seat, crossing an ankle over his knee and flashing her a smug grin. "I always do my research."

That wasn't completely true. Most of the time the research was handed off to other members of the gang and Jungkook was the one who called the shots before actual plans were implemented. But he had thrown himself headfirst into her case, working tirelessly – almost obsessively – to find her.