6. Tattoo 2

By the time Jungkook regained his good sense to look away from Chaeyoung's half-naked body, she was already covering her breasts with her hands and turning away from him.

"Oh my god." she squealed in horror when she realized how much he had seen. And although Jungkook had definitely appreciated the view, his mind was on only one key part. Her birthmark.

He cleared his throat, turned around, and walked towards where her shirt was folded in the corner of the room.

"If it's any consolation," he said as he tossed the shirt towards her bed, "it's a very nice body."

She groaned in mortification and slipped the shirt on as quickly as humanly possible, not even bothering with a bra. "And what the hell was that spark when you started cleaning the site? Was that related to the cleaning solution or?"

"I'm not sure what that was either." Jungkook's best guess was that it was some sort of chemical reaction between them due to their bond. "But that star on your sternum... is that your birthmark?"

Her eyes widened as she faced him again. "You saw that too? Damn, you really got a good look, didn't you?"

"I'm sorry I didn't turn around earlier, I was just shocked because of the spark and everything else happened so suddenly. I didn't mean to stare, but I'm only human, and your body was right there in front of my eyes, I had nothing else to look at."

"Um, how about my face?"

Jungkook considered that for a second and nodded. "touché."

Chaeyoung's cheeks were a bright shade of pink as she crossed her arms in front of her and looked at him again. If he wasn't mistaken though, hidden behind the embarrassment as a touch of amusement. It seemed to him like she was more concerned about the spark than she was about him seeing her naked. He could tell she was comfortable in her own skin and that fact just made him even more attracted to her than he already was.

Now that he knew she was his soulmate, thousands of emotions were circling his mind. For a second, he wanted to take his shirt off too and reveal the mark to her so she wouldn't make the mistake of tattooing another person's mark on her body. But then again, she was already in love with someone else and he had been the jerk who hadn't searched for her earlier. It was unfair of him to suddenly spring this upon her when she had already moved on. Plus, he didn't want her to go out with him because she felt like she had no other choice. He wanted her to like him for him, not because some mages 24 years ago had decided their personalities suited each other well.

"So, where do we go from here?" Chaeyoung asked while Jungkook sat back down on his stool. "I'm pretty sure I have an allergic reaction from whatever chemical is in that cleaning solution."

Jungkook quirked a brow up at her. "Alcohol?"

"I don't know! Maybe! How else do you explain that sensation? It felt like it was passing through my entire body. Like some sort of electrical current."

"Yeah, I felt it too," Jungkook admitted, though he was not about to reveal anything else. Not if she didn't want to know.

Jungkook didn't think it was possible, but her eyes grew even wider in surprise at that revelation. "Wait, you felt it too? Does that mean we're allergic to each other?"

More like the exact opposite. Jungkook was just itching to say that to her, but he wouldn't allow himself to. He had spent too much of his life being selfish and thinking about his own desires and aspirations. Now that this beautiful, sweet woman was in front of him, he wanted to do all he could to ensure she was happy. And if that was with some other man, then he was okay with allowing their bond to fade over time so she could be with the one she truly wanted.