29. Rosie's Day 2022

{rated m, idol life, fluff}

And why do I get so nervous when I look into your eyes?
Butterflies can't stop me fallin' for you
And darlin', this is more than anything I felt before
You're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find
⤝❁⤞

A/N: I know I said I was giving up on rated m stories, but birthday celebrations have traditionally been rated m in this story collection, so I strongly felt the need to keep that tradition alive. I also know that Jungkook has been posting some very depressing things on his instagram lately but we're going to ignore him and pretend everything is all rainbows and sunshine. Because in this world, it can be.

⤝❁⤞

February 10, 2022

It was that time of year again. The day the whole world celebrated the birth of an angel and showered her with flowers, gifts, and endless love. The one day of the year Chaeyoung was free to do whatever she wanted, with whomever she wanted. It was a day that had always brought her serenity and joy. A reset for the rest of the year. An opportunity to count her blessings. The day she looked forward to the most, spent with the people she loved most.

Jungkook somehow always managed to get time off around Chaeyoung's birthday. It was almost like an unwritten rule with his managers and company that he was unavailable from February 10th-February 12th every year. It wasn't like his company necessarily approved of this, but at this point, after four years of Jungkook mysteriously going MIA around this time of year, they couldn't really stop him.

Just like every year before, Jungkook was on his best boyfriend behaviour this year. He showed up to her house early in the morning with a flower bouquet that was half the size of him and then spent every single minute showering her with kisses and warm, lingering touches.

They spent the majority of the day snuggling on the sofa with their puppies and watching some of Chaeyoung's favourite movies. Although Chaeyoung could hardly focus on anything with Jungkook constantly pulling her closer to his body and stealing kisses at any given opportunity.

"Jungkook!" She exclaimed, semi-exasperated yet amused as his hand began to travel under her t-shirt during the emotional climax of Titanic. The part where Jack was literally about to die and Chaeyoung's eyes were beginning to water as they normally did. Yet here Jungkook was, burying his face in her neck, pulling her closer as they laid on the sofa. Completely unfazed and completely focused on her instead of the movie. "Don't touch me, I'm emotional."

She swatted at his hand that was skimming up and down her waistline, but he refused to let go. Instead, he laughed into her neck and somehow managed to pull her closer yet. Until her head was resting on his chest and their legs were intertwined under the thin blanket they were sharing.

"I'm distracting you from the pain," he murmured into her ear. "Because the only tears you should be crying today and tomorrow are happy ones."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist, the strong rhythm of his heartbeat against her ear and the feel of his body cocooning hers making her happy despite the tragic scene playing in front of them.

Jungkook accomplished his goal and Chaeyoung's face was dry by the end of the movie. Any time she even felt a sliver of sadness seep in, he seemed to pick up on it immediately and said something funny to cheer her up. With all the laughter that filled her house, no one would ever guess they were watching one of the most heartbreaking movies to ever exist.

But that was how life was with Jungkook. Fun, carefree, happy. He brought out the best in her and constantly gave her more and more reasons to not only fall deeper in love with him, but also with herself. It was on her birthday each year that she felt his love the most.