5 - The Kiss

After the scolding from Lupin, Atlas and Fred turn back around to see George staring at them with a cocky smile on his face.

"Fred might not be dead-" Atlas starts calmly "-BUT YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE!" she shouts to George, chasing him down the corridor, punching his arm.

"Okay! Okay! I surrender!" he jokes, holding up his hands. "You've got to admit though, it was pretty funny" he chuckles.
Atlas shoots him a look and he immediately stops, giving Fred a quick wink before walking into the Hall.

"So..." Fred starts, once again grasping Atlas' hand "What have we done then?" he asks, raising his eyebrows suggestively at her.

"What?" She questions, confused, looking up to him.

"Well, we've been secretly dating for a few weeks, when people like Ron and... your dad.... ask, what are we going to say to them about how far we've gone?"

Just then, George's head pops back around the door of the Great Hall "I've had a thought or two about that"

"Of course you have" Atlas remarks as she and Fred walk through the doors alongside George, starting to stroll down the gap between the two tables.

"Well, obviously you've kissed - many, many, man-" George starts but gets cut off by a slightly awkward Fred "Yeah, we get the picture" as he ran his hand through his scruffy hair. After he'd done that, there were random bits sticking up and out of place. Atlas scoffed as she noticed and lifted her free hand to his head and started fixing it so that every hair fell back into its rightful place.

"Let's just say there's not much you guys haven't done" George laughs, raising his brow and looking away.

"But we just told Lupin that we haven't slept together" Fred points out.

"Well, would you have told him even if it was true?" George answers back matter-of-factly.

Atlas just tips her head to the side slightly in admittance that he's right - even if they had really slept together, she definitely wouldn't have told her father, especially in the corridor and with Fred standing right there. "If he finds out-"

"He won't" George starts "As long as you two are careful"

The three of them eventually got to the end of the table and sat down alongside their friends. She took in a deep breath, knowing that there were about to be a lot of questions to answer about her and Fred's sudden relationship.

"So, Atlas, I've got a lot of questions" Hermione states eagerly as Atlas sits down opposite her, with Fred to her left.

"Of course you do" Ron mumbles under his breath but she still heard him and shot him a deathly look, causing Harry to look at him in a 'good luck' kind of way.

"What did your dad say?" Harry asks before Hermione could, causing her to be slightly offended but at the same time she gave him the look that she usually gives Ron when he interrupts her whilst she's reading.

"He... He's not happy about it but he understands that I'm not a kid and that I can make my own decisions but he was really angry at first" Atlas explains while picking up her fork and silently scraping it around her empty plate.

"Yeah, he looked it" Neville adds as he slyly looked towards Remus with the other teachers, seeing that he was clenching one of his fists under the table and excessively biting his bottom lip.

"So, not to be forward but, have you two kissed?" Hermione finally manages to ask and everyone's attention was then completely focused on them, staring eagerly.

"Yes" she responds quietly, both of them blushing deeply and giving each other subtle side glances. He reached under the table and grabbed her hand, rubbing his thumb on the top of it hoping that it would help to calm her down a little.