9 - Yule Ball

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception" McGonagall began explaining to the room full of Gryffindors.
They'd all been dragged in there for 'an important announcement' but being on the committee to help organise it, Atlas, Fred and George already knew what they were walking into.

The boys were on one side of the room and the girls on the other, listening to McGonagall drone on whilst Filch fumbled around with the music "On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity". Fred's eyes met Atlas' and he winked at her from across the room, giving her a look that definitely meant that their night wouldn't be 'well-mannered'. She lightly blushed and rolled her eyes at him before focusing her attention on McGonagall.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance". Hermione turned eagerly to look at Atlas and Ginny, both of them excited by the news but Atlas already knew so she was just playing along to make the girls feel better.

The boys, on the other hand, didn't seem as enthusiastic about a dance. Well... except for Fred who couldn't keep his eyes off Atlas, probably making it a little obvious to everyone in the room.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons". Somehow, most of the students in the room had managed to stay composed, but being around the twins has given Atlas an extremely childish sense of humour and she really struggled to keep her laughter stifled. And the boys seemed to have found some enjoyment in it as well, as Atlas could see them whispering to each other by the window.

It didn't take long for McGonagall to call up one of the students to dance with her and she just so happened to pick Ron. Atlas gave Hermione a nudge and nodded her head towards them dancing "Wish that was you, eh?" she chuckled slightly and Hermione went bright pink, burying her face in her chest.
Atlas knew that the twins were going to tease Ron about it for the rest of his life, and so was she.

When McGonagall asked everyone to stand and partner up, all the girls immediately stood up without hesitation but the boys clearly didn't want to be involved.
However, being the adorable gentleman that he is, Fred bravely stepped forward and walked over to Atlas, extending his hand to her "M'lady" he bowed slightly. As she placed her hand in his, she couldn't help but remember the last time he had said that to her... when he helped her up from the table in the Great Hall right before he took her up to his dorm. The memories of his hands running down her skin and the feeling of his breath on her neck overpowered her senses so much that she hadn't even noticed that the rest of the boys had got up and partnered with the girls.

Just as McGonagall had demonstrated with Ron, Fred placed one hand on her waist and the other in her hand. Atlas placed her free one in between his neck and shoulder, probably a little bit higher than where it was supposed to be but she was doing everything in her power not to pull him into her and kiss him.
Fred was clearly feeling the same way because she watched as his gaze kept drifting down towards her lips and he would bite his own without even realising it.

She leaned into him and whispered in his ear "Stop looking at me like that, you're not making it very easy to stay away from you"

He looked down at her as she pulled back to where she was "Who said I want you to stay away?" he teased, moving his hand from her waist to her lower back, pulling her body into his.

"Fred... people will see" she mumbles to him, looking around to make sure that no one had noticed how touchy they are. Luckily for them, they were all too focused on trying to not step on their partners' toes.