21 - Grimmauld Place

a / n
this was the first chapter of this story that i ever wrote. the entire thing was based around this one chapter that was inspired by a tiktok that i saw. at this point, there was no storyline at all, i had absolutely no idea what was going to happen, where this sat in the story, anything. atlas didn't even have a name at the time, she was just 'the main character'.
just thought i'd let you know <3

(i'm also in the hospital rn but i wanted to get this chapter out so sorry if there are any errors 😂 enjoy)

Atlas was in the kitchen making herself something for lunch. Considering there were so many people in this house, there wasn't anyone else in there. She had just put her food down on the table when she saw Fred walk into the room "Oh, hey Fred," she says casually, knowing that someone could walk in at any moment.

"Hi Ali," he responds with a big grin. He walks over to her, looking like he's going to pass behind her, but he stops and leans into her ear from behind "I've been doing some research... and I've found an empty bedroom upstairs."

"Oh really?" She replies, biting the inside of her cheek in an attempt to suppress a smile.

"Yeah, the room next to mine... meet me there at midnight?" He smirks at her.

"Wouldn't miss it." She winks back.

"Wouldn't miss what?" Hermione asks, walking into the room. Fred quickly shuffles away and Atlas stands up straight, trying to compose herself.

"Oh, Fred just said that he was thinking of planning a karaoke night and asked if I wanted to come, you should too," Atlas responds confidently.

"Uh, no thanks, I'm a little preoccupied at the moment," Hermione replies, seemingly deep in thought.

"Oh, that's fine, see you later," Atlas says as she picks up her plate from the table and leaves the room, making sure to brush her hand against Fred's trousers, causing him to have to swiftly leave the room too.

---------------

The whole day, Fred and Atlas have been able to keep under the radar but it's been a lot more difficult at Grimmauld Place than anywhere else. When she was at home, he wasn't there so as long as she could distract herself, it wasn't a problem and at Hogwarts, it was a massive castle, she could avoid him if she wanted to... not that she ever did. But here, it's like he's around every corner, always there to whisper things in her ear and brush his hand on her arm or leg. All she wants to do is pull him into her and fuck him senseless but she can't.

Fred's offer has been playing on her mind all day. Even when she was around all her friends, she didn't care, she hadn't seen Harry and Hermione all summer, but she just couldn't stop thinking about what her and Fred where going to get up to that night.

Once all the 'kids' were sent to bed, Atlas put on her pyjamas but put on Fred's favourite lacy black set on underneath. She'd barely been with him all summer and it was killing her, and being around him but not being able to do anything is pure torture.

Ginny seemed particularly chatty tonight and Atlas was becoming impatient with her, she looked at the clock and it read 11:38. She knew that there was no way that she could sneak off to meet him if Hermione and Ginny were still awake, they'd ask too many questions.

"Look, guys, I'm really tired, can we just turn the lights off and go to sleep please?" She asks, feigning a yawn so that they would fall asleep before midnight.

"Oh, yeah sure. Goodnight guys," Ginny replies as she gets up to turn off the light.

"Night," Hermione says as she snuggles down under he duvet.