Understanding 2

Four weeks passed and Christmas morning came.

Milo patiently waited while his mother handed him the next wrapped gift from under the tree. He tore the wrapping from the box and found a new computer. It was one of the types that had a touchscreen display and a detachable keyboard so it could act like a laptop or a tablet.

His parents watched him opening each of his presents with rapt excitement.

Finally, after all the presents from under the tree had been opened, Nancy set about having Milo help his dad clean up all the boxes, bows, and wrapping paper from all over the living room floor.

When Milo returned to the living room from taking the trash out he hung his coat back in the closet and headed straight for his new computer. That's when he noticed another present near the back of the tree that hadn't been there before.

Bethany glanced at Dennis who barely nodded his approval. She then retrieved the present and handed it Milo.

He quickly tore away the glittery red ribbon and shiny metallic red wrapping paper, then felt around the edges of the large white rectangular box and finally got the top loose. He tossed it back over his head and pulled the tissue off the top.

Inside the box he found clothes.

Not just any clothes though. On top he found a package of girl's panties, and a package of  pantyhose. He froze.

What was this, he wondered. He knew he had been good and resisted the temptation to get into his mom's clothing again, since he had gotten caught for fear of the humiliation of getting caught again.

He glanced up at his mom and she nodded, indicating he should continue.

Looking back down at the contents of the gift, he put aside the panties and the hose and underneath found a dress with a tag hanging off the collar that read, "a special gift for you,with love, from _______________, and the TG Dress Shop - EstroHaus Exclusive Winter Collection."

In the blank was written, mom and dad in his mom's handwriting.

Milo began to tremble. He was both excited and extremely embarrassed, too embarrassed to hold the dress up like he wanted so he could get a good look at it. He left it folded in the box.

Stunned over the contents of the box, he looked back up at his mother, then his father. They saw the tears start to well up in his eyes.

"Milo," his mother began softly, "I know you've gotten into my things a couple of times again since Thanksgiving. Because of that, your father and I thought that maybe you should have some things of your own, in your size. Now you won't have to go through my things."

His dad then explained, "We felt that perhaps if you didn't feel like you had to sneak into things, and could explore this curiosity whenever you wanted, without having to hide or feel shame, that it would help you figure things out and better understand why you do it."

"If you lose the desire," his mom began again, "then  you'll know it was just a passing curiosity and maybe you can put it behind you."

"But," his dad continued to explain, "you need to realize that if any of your friends find out about this you could be in for terrible teasing or worse - downright bullying. So, be careful who you tell about this, or let find out."

"If you don't want it," his mother spoke up again, "I can return everything. If you don't like the style, we can return to TG together and exchange it for something else. But either way, I don't want you going through my things any more. If you want something you'll need to ask me and we'll talk about it. Okay?"

"But mom, I didn't put on any of your things, honest. Yes, I was in your drawer and I took some things a couple of times, but I was so afraid of being caught again that I didn't go through with it. I just put it all back. I thought I was careful about it, but I guess not."

Milo looked back down at the box and quietly sat there for a few moments with it in his lap. At first he was tempted to push the box back to his mother and tell her to take it all back, that he didn't need nor want it. Then he thought about how he had almost tried on some of her lacy underwear just a few days ago.

He fingered the dress a bit and decided he'd keep it all for now and try not to wear any of it, although he knew curiosity would quickly get the better of him. It was already beginning to naw at him.

He was running his fingers along the lace down the side of the folded dress when he discovered a card tucked into a fold.

Milo pulled the card out and read what it said, "It gets better. If you have questions or just need someone to talk to, join Today's Girl on Discord and look for user BIM.

He put the card back, set the box aside, and got up.

First he hugged his mother, then turned and hugged his father.

"Thank you, for everything. Thank you for being understanding and willing to help me figure this all out. I love you."