Mallory Pt2

The alarm clock sounded and I immediately threw back the bed covers abs swung my legs over the side of the bed. I felt the thin fabric of the nightgown encasing my body, cause a tingle across my skin as I slid out of bed.

What a wonderful sensation it was. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I walked into the bathroom. Flat chested and a curveless boy rear end for sure, but the person in the mirror sttill looked girlish to me.

Suddenly terror gripped me. I would soon have to face Mom over breakfast. Last night Mom had tested me by leaving a pretty nightgown on my bed, and I knew she would be anxiously wondering if I had taken the bait.

What I wore to breakfast would express quite a lot, without words. After our intense conversation last night I was still not ready to say outright that I desperately wanted to be a girl.

Talking about personal thoughts was always hard for me, and Mom knew that  when she gave me the opportunity to express myself by making a choice of sleepwear.

Now I was confronted by my next step. I wrestled with my options.

I could admit what I had done by wearing the gown to breakfast, but was I ready for the conversation that was sure to follow? No not really, not just yet. I mean yeah I wanted to have that conversation and get it out on the open, but I was terrified.

I could get dressed in my school clothes before going to the kitchen, but I know her, she would still ask questions.

Or I could just switch to my regular pajamas, and try to avoid the issue by pretending that's what I had slept in.

After some hesitation, I decided the best thing to do was just be honest and face whatever happened. For me to get what I want, I'm gonna have to face it sooner or later, so I might as well get it over with now.

The truth is, she probably looked in on me after I went to sleep anyways, so she most likely already knew the truth. And if that's the case, what good would it do me to try to deceive her. So I decided to throw my terry cloth bathrobe over the nightgown and head to the kitchen. The robe would protect my privacy, but Mom would still know what I was wearing.

I looked at myself in the mirror and decided if I'm going to do this anyways, I might as well make a subtle statement. I brushed my hair down in front so that I had bangs. Next, I opened the collar of my robe a bit so that the plunging neckline of the gown just barely showed underneath.

I took a deep breath, gathered my courage, and headed to the kitchen, knowing that my appearance would open the inevitable conversation.

Mom didn't obviously look up when I walked in, but I saw her discreetly check me out as I sat down for breakfast, and I could not help notice an approving smile. Ever since dad had left, I always found myself putting a lot of effort into pleasing her and this obviously did. Just knowing that, fill me with joy and courage.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Did you sleep like a princess," she asked while still looking down at her phone.

How could I answer that? I didn't know, so I just didn't. I just looked down and started eating.

To my amazement, she didn't say anything more about what I was wearing. Nor did she follow up on our conversation from last night when she had explicitly asked me if I ever wished I had been born a girl.

I had burst into tears last night when she asked and I only responded with 'I don't know.' This morning she appeared to be giving me some emotional space.

Our breakfast ended with her urging me to get dressed for school. Although she had not said so, I knew she was clearly pleased with me choosing to wear the gown.