Chapter 6

"Oh hello madam. If you wish to die, please go on. But don't choose me as the medium." Prachi comes back in her present hearing the voice of the taxi driver who was just about to run over her if his speed was not in check. She didn't realise when she stepped onto the road and came before a taxi absentmindedly.
Suddenly everything rushes into her mind. She realises it is already noon so she decides to go straight somewhere before going to home.
"I am sorry brother. But if you are already stopped, help me once. I need to go somewhere. I will pay you." Prachi pleads him while giving the address.
"Allright sure thing. Come on. Hop in," replies the man in professional manner.
Within another twenty minutes, they reach to their destination and Prachi jumps out of the taxi as if her ass is in fire or something.

The driver rolls his eyes before speeding up and leaving immediately after being paid.

As soon as she enters the hospital, her nose is filled with the smell of medicine. Oh how she hates this smell but the smell seems to never leave her at once.
Entering into the same hospital, the sudden memory of her life's most ill-fated night knocks her breath down for a moment. But she manages to maintain her composure after all it is the years practice that leads her to burry down her inner turmoil and portray a fake smile on her lips.

She already has so many issues in her plates. She doesn't want to lower her self confidence more by reminding herself how hapless and forlorn child she is to lose both of her parents in just one night.
No sooner has she reached the corridor than the staffs there recognise her and smile at her sympathetically. It is nothing new to her but every time as she receives those sympathies, she feels a hollowness inside her chest. She can't help but feel so lonely and abandoned.

She even feels the worst sister who is so much selfish that she can't even take proper care of her little sister, her only family who has no one else in this world except her.
But God knows she is trying her best to protect her sissy just like her own child.

But she is also aware of her failure. She became jobless in an instant. But she is determined to do anything only to save her sister from her disease. Thus she didn't wait to come here to talk to her doctor.
As she is about to reach to the receptionist and talks to her, someone taps on her shoulder and she looks back only to meet the owner of a pair of green eyes.

The young man in his late twenties who smiles warmly at him, is known to her as the savior.
She smiles back in relief and gives a little wave at him before speaking : " Hey, I was just about to..."
Dr. Cooper cut her in the middle of her words in a joking manner : "Ya I can see that. And I once again saved your time. Didn't I?"
Prachi lifts her chin in a determined way and tries to maintain the same teasing process : "Of course. But now I really doubt how can you save my time this way almost always?"

She taps her chin in a fake way to look like being in her own thoughts and continues : "Are you stalking me or what? Oh no. Now I get it. The hospital authority must have snatched your license for stalking the relatives of your patients. That's why you have no other work than roaming around. Am I right?"
Dr. Noah Cooper laughs at her teasing and then replies in amusement :"Pardon me if this is the image of me in front of my patient's guardian. I think I really need to work hard in order to increase my impression or else even my charm will not be able to provide me food and shelter." And he winks at her in playful manner.
Prachi knew this man from the day when her sister was admitted in this hospital first for her immediate treatment. Since then he has more like a friend to her rather than a doctor. She knows that this man likes her as he asked her out once but she refused him kindly as she was in no mood to begin something new especially when she was such mess herself.

Oh whom was she kidding? She didn't have any heart to trust someone again. She didn't also like him as someone more than a good friend and she didn't dare to raise his hope. Afterall she knew really well the consequence of heart break and pain.

However being a nice person, Noah didn't mind a bit and respected her decision. From that day onwards they were purely friend although he didn't think of her in the same way.

Prachi lowers her head and replies : "I am sorry for disturbing you in this early hours of day but I really need to discuss something with you."

Noah sighs :"It's absolutely fine and you can see I am always free for you," seeing her uneasiness by his comment he adds further :"Afterall you are my friend. Moreover you are the guardian of my patient. It is my duty to be free always for you so that you can reach me anytime needed. Now follow me. Let's go to my cabin and discuss the urgent situation. I also need to talk to you about something very important."

Prachi follows him quietly although worry is written in her face.
But they fail to notice someone with a pair of grey eyes who were listening to their conversation eagerly. When Prachi and Noah go towards his cabin, he comes out from behind a pillar and frowns.
Urgent? Emergency? Hospital? Doctor? Friend?
He clenches his jaws and murmurs :"What are you hiding now Prachi? I have to find out as soon as possible."
He smirks and then rushes towards the reception to try his charm upon the blonde receptionist who seems to be slutty enough to help him in exchange of a little flirting. Afterall he always gets what he wants as nobody can resist his charm.

But in his way suddenly he bumps with someone and before knowing what is happening, someone slaps him hard.

Placing a hand upon his slapped cheek, he turns towards the person furiously.

Who the hell dare to slap him? His own parents never raised hands on him.

But he becomes speechless for a moment looking at the beautiful brunette who is also fuming there standing in front of him. He gawks at her openly before he is interrupted by the beauty herself.

" Look where you are going MR. Are you blind or something?"

But someone suddenly snatches her hand from behind.

There is another brunette who looks at him apologetically and then turns towards the fuming beauty and glares at her :"Scarlett please. This is your fault also. And why are you so grumpy today? Just keep quiet and let's go back to our work."

Niladri was listening to their conversation calmly but he suddenly remembers everything and composed himself and marches towards that Scarlett girl. When he is sure that he gets their attention he grabs her hand with which she has slapped him and spits at her :"You don't know whose path you have crossed Miss. But as you are nothing but a little girl I will let the incident go for the first time. However mark my words as your first and final warning. Don't dare to slap me again." Then suddenly he smirks and continues :"If you really want to touch me, you will just have to ask me. Although brunettes are not exactly my type but I can make an exception only for you."

And then he goes past her as if nothing happened.

Scarlett gasps and shouts :"Such a prick you are."

But the man has already vanished behind the corner so her words don't reach his ear.