Chapter 13

Unedited :

Present time :
Torcelli Mansion :

"No Damien. I don't want any excuse. We need the deal at any cost. I have been working hard on this project for quite a long time. And you are telling me now that Mr. Spenlow is considering some other company over mine. Are you fucking kidding me?" Adam barks in his phone as he is pacing around the hall of his mansion. The vein on his forehead is popping and his head is about to burst in fury. He has really worked very hard for this project. To get this deal, he even neglected his little baby who needs his attention. He has spent whole days and even nights in his office frequently. He even missed his meals sometimes for being so engrossed in his work. And now suddenly his secret agent is reporting that for some unknown reason, the deal is going to some 'Claudine Enterprise' company. He has never heard of any company with such weird name until now. It must be some newbie in the market. But he has no idea how such a powerful business tycoon like Henry Spenlow agreed to shake his hand with such a small newbie company. He even dared to think of rejecting the proposal of Torcelli.co & Ltd.
Who is the owner of 'Claudine Enterprise' ?
What does he/she want ?
Where does this company come forward from?
Most importantly, why Henry Spenlow agreed to help them?
All of these questions were eating him up.
And he becomes more furious. Without giving any scope of replying, he resumes his order, "I don't want any more excuse. You have 12 hours. Find out every minute detail of that fucking company. Till then, no need to call me."
And then he cuts the call immediately.
His face is red in anger.
One important thing should be told here. The biggest flaw of his character is that he is totally asshole and completely ruthless and mean if he is angry. It seems like he doesn't even pay any heed to his surroundings and he doesn't think twice before hurting someone, if not physically then verbally, if they dare to come in his way. He needs time and space to cool himself down. Moreover he can never compromise with his work. So if he ever has any issue with his work, it is better to steer clear of him.

Cutting the call, he takes his laptop and papers and shouts, "Brianna, I will be out soon. Call me if any emergency comes."
Brianna is a fifty years old woman who has been Adam's housekeeper for more than fifteen years. Her whole family is in the service of this family. Her husband, Caleb is Adam's personal driver and a very trustworthy guy. Adam doesn't trust anyone easily. But this couple has proved their worth many times in their service.
Caleb was the driver in Brianna's neighborhood. Brianna was in school then. They were both in love with each other. But as Brianna got pregnant at the age of seventeen, her family became furious. They didn't want to take any responsibility of the girl and her child. So she left her home and Caleb married her. After the marriage, the couple shifted far away from Brianna's family. Caleb was an orphan. So when they got the job in Torcelli Mansion, they were more than happy. Adam's father, Bryan proposed them to stay in the mansion's servant quarter so that they wouldn't have to pay rent.
The couple have a son and a little daughter of their own. Caleb's son Christian is the head chef of this family. He is 32 years old. He had interest in cooking since his young days. Thus after finishing his study, he has joined as a cooking staff here. No need to say that with his great potentiality, he has achieved his position very soon. His younger sister, Bianca is a college student and a part time helper in the mansion. They are really grateful to Bryan for saving the family by providing the jobs.
Adam may never confess the softness in his heart for this family, but it is not unknown to any of them that he respects and adores them secretly like his own family.
Brianna always keeps an eye over this little family. But when the unfortunate incident with Anna happened, she was not in the home. But now after the come back of the little baby from the hospital, she doesn't leave Anna for a second.
She was feeding Anna milk in dining space when she heard Adam's angry growl. So she comes at the hall with Anna in her arms.
Looking at little Anna he seems to calm down a little bit. Taking her in his own arms he automatically smiles as the sweet angel gives him a giddy toothless smile. Kissing her on both of her cheeks and her forehead, he hugs her to his chest for a few moments before giving her back to his housekeeper.
"Take care of my baby Brianna. She is too fragile." His heart saddens thinking of the tragic situation of this small motherless child. She deserves all the happiness of this world. But she is so unlucky that she has to suffer so much from this early age. Her mother left her after giving birth and her father is too busy in his work to spend time with her. But only God knows how helpless he is in this situation. He is the only heir of his father's business and since his father's sickness, he has to take full responsibility of this company. His father has not been capable of taking any responsibility since his bypass surgery and Adam doesn't want to give him any pressure. Bryan is living in the other part of the country where his other relatives live in. Adam visits him now and then and makes sure that he is being properly taken care of by the appointed nurses and doctors who monitor his father's health 24 hours. But Adam decided to live in this mansion with his daughter as this place holds the memory of his last wife. He misses her always and this is another reason why he drowns himself in work.

The doorbell rings suddenly and this way the magic spell of father-daughter moment is broken. Adam changes into his usual arrogant self again as he looks forward to observe the person who enters the house when a servant opens the main door.
"Hm. Good to see that you have the sense of time Miss Dey. This is Mrs Brianna, the housekeeper of this house. She will tell you everything else you need to know regarding your job and show you your room in this house. And as you have already met my princess, before starting your job, you can go to your room and freshen up. But don't dare of touching my baby without wasing your hands." Adam speaks up quite rudely.

Suddenly he notices a small hand holding Prachi's waist from behind. As he comes forward a couple of step, he observes a little girl who is hiding behind Prachi. Adam doesn't need rocket knowledge to realise who she is. But he decides to ignore them altogether.
Sighing audibly, he looks back at Brianna and continues, "I will be off now. You know what you have to do. Don't you?"
And then without waiting for her reply, he exits the house, bumping Prachi on her shoulder in the process.

Closing her eyes Prachi rubs her own shoulder and groans, "What have I gotten myself into?"

She comes back in her sense hearing a giggle. Opening her eyes, she notices that the woman in front of her is giggling after observing her reaction. Her smile is so contagious that Prachi can't help but giggle herself.
.
.
.
to be continued...