Chapter 12

Flashback :

Niladri always got what he wanted. He never learnt to respect others. He came to classes as per his own wish and left the classes exactly in the same manner.
He was blessed in looks department and his bank balance was always high. The boy had lost his parents in his early age and was adopted by his uncle and aunt who didn't have their own child. Thus they always pampered him so that he would never miss his parents. It actually led to him in wrong road. It's not like he didn't have brain. But he was a spoilt brat. So he used his money and charm to achieve whatever he liked. Girls always fell on his feet and who was he to decline their offer?
Although his reputation was not so good, nobody dared to question his intention ever. Afterall he was the principal's nephew and adopted son.
But the unexpected and maybe only postive trait of his nature was his real interest in knowledge.
He might be a bad boy of his college, he might have bunked classes and all. But his grades were never affected and it was not due to his blood relation to the principal but due to his attention towards his study.
This positive trait made him more charismatic towards the girls. And unfortunately Prachi was one of them.
Yes. There was a time when Prachi really liked him. In fact in her last two years of her college life, she spent most of her time daydreaming about that stupid cunning boy who was expert in stealing as well as breaking hearts.
But sweet, naive Prachi never realised the depth of the darkness in his heart. She always assumed it was due to his loss of parents in a early age and he would get the light of his life back once he got the true love of his life.
Thus she misunderstood everytime he encountered her intentionally.

She stole secretive glances at him throughout the days whenever she was around him. She loved the way his dimples appeared each time he smiled. She loved the way he removed the lock of his hair which fell on his forehead each time to irritate him. She loved the way he rolled his eyes at his friends whenever they teased him. She loved the way he tapped his finger on the desk absentmindedly when he was absorbed in his own thoughts.
And then she admired him for his intelligence, his seek of knowledge, his determination for achieving his goal.
But the only thing she disliked about him was his flirting towards girls. Whoever approached him, he didn't fail to flirt. She knew very well that he even spent his lots of quality time with many of those girls and even in his bedroom. It actually hurt her everytime whenever a girl discussed with her friends joyfully how they enjoyed in his bedroom. But what can she do? She only sighed and just hoped that one day he would change his habit.
Yes she could be lebelled as a stalker but nobody actually paid any attention to her research on Niladri as it was literally common for every girl in the college. Except one. And she was none other than Anjali.
Yes Anjali always easily resisted his charm.
And this ignorance of Anjali actually made Niladri crazy for her. He tried to impress her openly in many ways but he failed. Each time he failed, his determination to win her actually increased. Even Prachi was not ignorant of this piece of news. But she didn't mind. Because she knew very well that her best friend was immune to his charm. She just hoped that one day he could move his eyes from Anjali and looked at the person always stayed at her side that was herself.

And to her utter surprise, that day actually came and it also signed her to her doomsday.

Prachi was overjoyed when a boy from 3rd year Chemistry department came towards them when she was chitchatting with her half sister Anjali in the canteen and told them that Niladri had requested her to come to the college ground for a few minutes as he had some urgent work with her.
As the boy was looking at both of them, they thought it was Anjali whom he called. But to their utter surprise, the boy motioned at Prachi. Prachi couldn't believe her ears. Anjali was flabbergasted for a moment. But then she composed herself and began to tease her bestie who seemed to be shivering due to her nervousness. She might have followed Niladri from afar but she never talked to him personally. Her mind was at wreck. As she was approaching towards the mentioned place with Anjali at her side blabbering, she felt her palm was sweating. She tried to wipe out her palms on her dress but failed.
However within a few minutes, they reached there.
Niladri was standing. His back was facing at them as he was going through some paper in his hands.
Prachi seemed to be at a loss of words as her throat dried looking at him. But Anjali realised her nervousness and encouraged her to speak up.
After a few moments of inner debate, Prachi opened her mouth and said softly, "Hi."
Nobody noticed the small smirk in the lips of the cunning boy in front of him but he composed himself immediately and turned around.

Looking at Prachi, he was surprised. Prachi might be like an invisible candidate of this college, but her innocence and her beauty were quite remarkable. He couldn't understand how he never paid attention to this beauty in such a long time. Anjali might be hot and sexy and she knew it very well whereas the sexiest thing about Prachi was that she never realised how pretty and eye catching she was. Moreover her innocence made her a real seductress.

Prachi blushed when she realised Niladri was actually silently checking her out from top to bottom. But Anjali didn't know why she was feeling so uncomfortable standing there beside Prachi when someone was checking her out and the person was none other than the stupid one whom she couldn't tolerate for a single minute.
However she dismissed her uneasiness thinking it might be the reason as he was eye raping her innocent bestie.
Prachi cleared her throat and it snapped back his attention to the present. He looked at Anjali suddenly and for a moment both of their eyes locked with each other. But Niladri immediately removed his eyes and paid his whole attention to the naive beauty in front of him.
Anjali didn't know why it actually hurt her a little bit but Prachi didn't pay attention to anything around her.
Niladri sighed dramatically and decided to open his mouth.
"Hi. I assume you are Prachi. I am Niladri. You must have learnt my name already."
And he stretched his right hand towards her for shaking.
Prachi tried to compose her inner turmoil and shook his hand back and replied "Yeah. I know you. Your friend told me that you wished to meet me. May I know the reason?"
The corner of his lips seemed to have twitched at the upper corner for a moment before he continued, "Right. But I have an important matter to discuss with you. Well for now, I would like to take you out for lunch and while having lunch, we can discuss on the topic. So what do you say? Are you free now?"
.
.
.
to be continued...