Chapter 18

Unedited:

Steven had tried his best to ignore the fact that Scarlett had been absent in the university for more than fifteen days and he knew very well he was responsible for this. Although the university authority was informed by her family of her sudden illness, the information didn't reduce his guilt a little bit. He was aware of the fact that she was a rare jem, beauty with brains. He also knew that she had feelings for him, feelings that would create problems in her life and career. He was aware of his own nature. He was a man fighting constantly with his own demons. If not for the fact that she was her student, it would be his real self who would destroy her. Thus he needed to hurt her brutally so that she could hate him with every fibre of her body.
She was never ugly. Only God knew how he controlled himself after watching her coming in the class in such a hot sensual attire. It was not that she was not pretty before. But her make over transformed her from an innocent, cute girl into a smart, sexy lady.
He knew very well that she would never neglect her dream and ambition in these petty matters, yet he uttered those hurtful words only to create distance between them, to crush her all hopes mercilessly. It was not that he was concerned of his job. He didn't give a damn to such a job that could separate him from his pure angel. But he couldn't take any risk of her future. So he decided to play with her cruelly.

Flashback :

As the bell rings, students begin to collect their books and copies and then walk out of the classroom.
Only she waits...alone...at the last bench.
Once everyone else is out of the room, he looks at her and instantly regrets his decision watching her pained forlorn expression. She is looking so adorable yet so lonely. Her lips are quivering a little and she is trying hard to keep the tears at the bay of her eyes while looking at anywhere but him.
His hands are itching to touch her. He wants to held her, kiss her mercilessly and at the same time hug her and comfort her.
The sight in front of him is arousing him. He is surprised with himself. Is he sick or something? How can he feel aroused when she is almost crying? But damn her beauty.
He had been trying to pay no attention to her throughout the class as he knew her effect on his libido, especially today.
However now that they are alone in the class, his mind is losing the sense. And the dress that is hugging her all curves so perfectly, it is not making the matter easy.
He can feel the big bulge in his trousers only looking at her long beautiful legs which are on display as her dress ends at her upper thigh.
Her red lips, long neck, ample bosom, slim waist and finally round haunch- everything was clearly portrayed by her short and tight dress. And those images are making him crazy. He immediately hides himself behind his desk so that she can't notice anything else.
This is another reason why he needs to create distance between them. Otherwise one day he would lose his control and bending her over his desk, he would f***  her senselessly.
Forcefully pushing his thoughts at the farthest corner of his heart, he speakes up curtly, "So Miss Scarlett, what do you think of yourself? You dare to come in my class so late today dressing up like a cheap girl. I know it's not my business how you choose to dress but if it creates problems in my class, I would personally look at the matter. You know very well that I don't like tardiness and carelessness. So I am warning you for the first and last time. I won't allow you to enter my class again if you come late."
Scarlett can't utter a single word as she is speechless with his rudeness and only God knew how he forces himself from not looking at the pained expression of her face.
He decides to stick at his point and so taking a small paper, he writes down 'detention'. Taking steps hurriedly, he puts down the paper on her desk and without looking at her, he turns his back. But before exiting the room, he halts in his pace and mutters rudely once again, "And one more thing. I am not blind. I know what you are trying to do. You can risk your future for all I care. But don't you dare to create any problem for me. I won't take any risk for my job by falling in your trap. Moreover, it is not any fancy dress competition. So from next time, try to put your focus on studies more than anything else. You don't have to impress anybody with your cheap tactics here."
And then without waiting for another moment he exits the room leaving the devasted, fool girl behind.
He can't help but asks himself.
Why is she doing this?
Is it not enough that he doesn't have control over himself?
Her tactics to win over him are doing nothing but adding fuel to his emotions. He doesn't want to hurt her so badly. But he is helpless. He needs to do this in order to protect her from the upcoming danger.

Present :

Whenever he remembered the events of that day, he felt guilty and hurt. He couldn't take the guilt anymore and so after returning to home on that inauspicious day, he couldn't help but beat himself with his own belt. He wanted to punish himself for damaging such a pure innocent flower with his own hand. If it was not for his mother, he would have been at the hospital right now.
She took great care of him. He was senseless for three whole days due to high fever and pain in his body. After waking up and recovering from the fever, he was forced to spill the beans to her. Listening intently to each og his words, she became thoughtful but shee never blamed him. She realised how he was suffering and was fighting his own demons each night. Since then, every night she came to his room, placed his head in her lap and then ran her fingers in his hair until he slept peacefully.

His chain of thoughts was broken with the entry of his cousin in his room. The lad had come to their house recently to spend his vacation. He was quite energetic and both of them were inseparable in their childhood. However after growing up, they became busy in their lives. But now, the boy had come over to his place and he had every intention of re-establishing their old bond.
Pushing his thoughts aside, he greeted him with a small smile, "Hey Niladri. What's up?"
The pretty Indian boy smirked at his cousin and replied, "Hey bro. Nothing much, just coming from some..uhh..important work. How about you? When did you come back from your university today? How are you feeling now?"
Steven sighed audible and replied,. "Just a while before. I am okay."
.
.
.
to be continued...