Chapter 10

Unedited :

It has been two days since Adam gave the new job proposal to Prachi.
He even behaved like a gentleman enough to give her time of 48 hours to take her decision.
Today she will have to inform him about her decision.

Prachi, involved in her thoughts, didn't notice the little munchkin standing beside her. She has been literally in other world when the little monster startles her by making a boo sound.

She became so alarmed that she dropped the dish from her hand and it broke instantly.

Throwing her arms in the air and huffing she squeaks ,"Oh no. Why did you do this Piyu? Are you crazy?"
But then noticing the crestfallen look on the girl's face, she lowers her voice and continues, "It's okay. No need to be sad. You should go to the drawing room now. Let me clean the glass pieces first baby."

The little 10 years old girl looks so timid and sad that Prachi doesn't have any heart to scold her little sis.
Moreover her health condition is not so good now.
She really doesn't want to make her sadder now.
In this little life, she has already faced more than enough losses and her suffering has not yet been finished.
How can she forget what Dr Noah advised her that day? She needs a thorough check up and proper medication and she may need a surgery in near future.
But they need money for all of these necessities whereas Prachi is basically jobless now.

Although Adam has given her another scope and he assured her that he would respect her decision, does she have any choice?
She really needs a job to survive in this foreign country alone with her baby sister.

She can't forget how they have survived till now.

Prachi's mother was British whereas her father was an Indian.
Their love story resulted in happy marriage but so none of their families accepted them.

Prachi's father is from a reputed bengali family. But as her father's parents didn't accept her mother as their daughter-in-law, they left and stayed at Mumbai.
Her father was businessman there. He started his business with a single penny and eventually quite succeeded. Their financial condition was overall okay. They were neither rich nor poor.
However in later years, his business was running in loss.
Prachi had just finished her graduation in accountancy there when maternal grandfather asked them to go back to London to stay with them at the last phase of his life. The old man seemed to have realised his cruelty in his twilight years. Prachi came to know that she had one uncle and aunt in London.
Getting no affection from any of her relative throughout her life, she became a lot excited when she learnt that her parents had decided to shift there after selling the business in Mumbai.

Reaching there in London with her parents and her little sister, she found her grandfather very sick.
But the man welcomed them heartily and asked his only son to appoint his only son-in-law in their family business.
The uncle and aunt seemed to be reluctant with his decision but didn't oppose him. Although they were quite distant but they were well mannered with her family.

Their happy days didn't last long as after six months Prachi lost her grandfather and with that the attitude of her uncle and aunt completely changed towards them.
Moreover luck favoured them as after two months of Prachi's grandfather's death,on one night suddenly her parents got into a car accident and they died on the spot.

The two parentless souls were facing the cruel world as their rights in the company were snatched by the uncle and they were literally being compelled to leave the house.

Being a smart girl, she realised that her days in that mansion is almost over so she was trying herself to find a job so that she can survive with her only family in this world.
She didn't even have time to mourn for the death of her parents.