Chapter Eleven: The Meeting

Over the next week, as Emalia lay sleeping in a hospital bed in St Mungo's, Albus was in contact with many of the witches and wizards who came from Veela lineage. 

It was only when he received a letter back from a witch named Celeste Dupoint did he begin to hope. She was, as she stated in her owl, from an old and very prestigious line of Veela descendants and possibly had information about how to help Emalia.

A few days after Albus received Celeste's owl, he apparated to Sofia, Bulgaria. It was there that he met with the mysterious Celeste Dupoint. She guided him to a small restaurant resided in a little inlet street just off the main hustle and bustle of the busy city streets.

'A haven for witches and wizards a like' smiled Celeste as she gestured towards the restaurant.

When they had been seated and got themselves settled, Celeste began by asking 'Do you possess much knowledge about Veela, Mr. Dumbledore?' Albus looked at her, he was still trying to get a grasp on her and her intentions. 

'Please,' he said 'call me Albus.' Celeste's eyes lit up with amusement. She threw her head back and laughed.

Her laugh sounded like the tinkling of piano keys; it was very pleasant to the ear. Albus noted that many, not all, of the wizards and indeed witches had intoxicated smiles on their faces. It made him wary of the woman sitting in front of him, not defensive though. He needed her help, he needed her to help Emalia.

Albus smiled 'I figured we should become more comfortable with each other. I do rather dislike being so formal. I find it acts as a deterrent sometimes.' he mused. 

Celeste smiled and threw her head back and laughed once more. The patrons surrounding them became even more intoxicated by her, oblivious to what was going on around them.

Celeste looked around and placed her hand on top of Dumbledore's, which was resting on the table. She looked into Albus's eyes and said with earnest 'I promise you; I will do all I can to help Emalia Potter. She is important to me and my kind.'

Albus looked at her intently. He could see no malice or ulterior motive in her eyes. 

'You are probably wondering why I laughed so much' she continued 'I had to ensure that no one here would remember our conversation here. I could not risk bringing you to a more secure location, you do not know me and I would not have accepted that invitation if I were you.'

Albus looked at her, taking in her body language and facial expressions as she talked. He knew that she had Emalia's best interests at heart. But the question was; why?

'I appreciate the effort you have gone to in reaching out to me when you heard about Emalia's condition.' said Albus 'However, I am afraid I will need you to explain everything you can to me before I let you near my goddaughter.' Celeste looked at him, a smile on her face that faltered slightly at what Albus was saying.

She whipped out her wand and conjured two glasses of Firewhiskey. 'This will be needed if we are to sit here all day. What I have to share with you, is long and it may take a while.' she smiled. Albus looked at her, a mischievous twinkle appeared in his bright blue eyes. 

He wrapped his hand gently around the glass and took a small sip of his drink. Celeste smiled and returned the favour by doing the same.

'Not many people know about Veela lineage. Yes, they know that some witches, wizards and muggles can be part Veela, however they do not know that there is hierarchy at play here.' Celeste said 'It is in essence a monarchy for lack of a better word. Hierarchy may be a better fit.'