Chapter 18: Quidditch Trials

The next morning Fred woke early, he had had a peaceful sleep. In fact, he had dreamed of Emalia, and spending the whole day with her. He hopped out of bed, everyone else was still asleep. He was full of energy, he got dressed and bound down the stairs to the common room. That is when he saw her. She was sitting on the couch curled up with her charms book in front of the fire.

He stood looking at her, watching her read, noticing that her brow furrowed when she was concentrating. He had noticed it when he saw her in the library yesterday but now, he knew it was what she did when she was concentrating. Fred realised he had been staring for a while. He walked over and sat beside her on the couch.

'Morning' he said cheerfully. Emalia smiled brightly at him; she was almost glowing. 

'Morning' she replied. 

'You're awake early on a Saturday' stated Fred. Emalia put her book down on the side table and turned back to face Fred.

'Yeah, I usually wake up pretty early, so I usually just come down to the common room to read until the others wake up' she replied 'I am a bit of a nerd I guess' Emalia laughed. Fred was about to speak again, but he was interrupted by a loud gargling noise. Emalia flushed bright red, her hands jumping to her stomach to try quiet it. 

Fred grinned 'Want to go get breakfast?' Emalia nodded enthusiastically. 

They both walked down to the Great Hall, Fred was telling Emalia all about the pranks himself, George and Lee pulled last year. Emalia was in stitches laughing. She returned the favour by telling Fred the mischief she got up to in Beauxbatons. 

Fred's eyes went wide 'Seriously? That is a whole other side of you'. 

Emalia grinned mischievously 'There is a lot about me that you do not know Fred Weasley'. 

Fred laughed 'I can see that'.

They sat down beside each other talking and laughing, there were very few people around and most of them seemed to be seventh years with their heads stuck in books already stressing about their N.E.W.T.S. An hour passed, which became two, Emalia and Fred were still talking animatedly, enjoying each other's company.

'I have five brothers and one sister. Bill is the oldest, he is a curse breaker for Gringotts, then there is Charlie, he is in his seventh year here and he is the Gryffindor Quidditch captain. You'll probably see him around at some point. Percy is next, you've met him bit of a prat sometimes but there is always one in the family. George and I are next followed by Ron the youngest of the boys. He is starting at Hogwarts next year, and then there is Ginny. 

She is the baby of the family; we are all very protective of her. Mum is hoping we will all be prefects, or Head Boy or Girl. Bill and Charlie were both prefects, Bill was Head Boy and Charlie was Quidditch captain. I don't think I have ever seen Mum so proud. I think if Perce doesn't become a prefect he might spontaneously combust. 

Mum is going to be disappointed when it comes to George and I though. Fat chance of us becoming prefects, we couldn't waste our time with that rubbish. Think of all the untaken opportunities for pranks if we had to be prefects?'

Fred grinned at Emalia. 'Merlin I've been talking for a while, sorry.' 

'No no!' exclaimed Emalia who was clinging on to every word Fred had uttered. 'You are so lucky to have such a big family, it sounds wonderful.'

Fred nodded as he took a sip of pumpkin juice. 'Most of the time it is pretty good but personal space sometimes does not exist. Do you have any family?' 

Emalia hesitated; Fred felt concern flood his whole body. He saw a sadness flash behind her eyes for a brief moment. He reached and gently took her hand in his. 'You don't have to tell me if it upsets you Emalia.'