Chapter 25: Dreams

Fred and Emalia had become infinitely closer since Emalia had shared her secret with him. Over the last couple of weeks, they had spent most, if not all of their time together. She eventually got around to telling George who initially was shocked but was supportive.

 'I mean I guess you ignoring all of us makes sense.' Emalia smiled as he bundled her into a hug,

'But just because this is happening doesn't mean that we won't collectively hex you if you start ignoring us again.' George grinned widely as Emalia laughed hard. She had sworn both of the Weasley twins to secrecy.

'It's not that I don't trust everyone else, I just.. I don't feel ready to share with them yet. I know you might not think it, but it took a lot for me to let you both in. I was content with suffering through this in silence' she shook her head and then grinned at her friends 'But the two of you are so persistent and stubborn, I think you would have gotten it out of me sooner or later.'

Fred and George grinned and pulled her into a hug, promising that they would not mention it to anyone until she was ready.

'I'm just glad the gang is all back together' announced George happily 'I mean Emalia, I don't think you could even imagine how insufferable Fred was over the last number of weeks' Fred launched a couch cushion at his brother who easily dodged it laughing

'George, what am I going to doooooo. She won't look at meeeee. Boooooo hooooo hooooo' mocked George as he ran out of reach of his brother, who had proceeded to chase him.

'Come here Georgie' Fred grinned 'I promise I am not going to hit you; I just want to tell you a secret.' 

George laughed and ran off, evading his brother. Emalia sat on the couch her observing the comical scene unfolding in front of her with her legs crossed and tears of laughter in her eyes. She was happy that she had her best friends back, and for once she did not feel any pain from her happiness.

Fred had taken to carrying her bag for her. 'I am able to carry my own stuff Fred' whined Emalia as he refused to give her bag back to her. 

Fred grinned 'Yeah I know but I like carrying your bag Em, so I am going to continue doing it.' Emalia rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile.

'Yeah Em, and if Fred isn't around to carry your bag, I promise to let you carry your own bag' teased George winking at her. Emalia rolled her eyes, trying to supress her smile.

The three of them made their way towards the Great Hall, but unlike Fred and George, Emalia did not stop. 'Oi, where are you going?' asked Fred as he gently grabbed her jumper and pulled her towards the entrance for the Great Hall.

'To the headmaster's office' replied Emalia with a small smile. 'Becauseeee?' said Fred as he tugged her sleeve a little harder a smirk on his face.

'Birthday dinner.'

The smiles disappeared from the twins faces. 'Did you say birthday?' asked George.

Emalia nodded 'Yeah, Professor Dumbledore is going away on business next week, so he was going to miss my actual birthday, so we are celebrating tonight instead.'

Fred and George exchanged a look, one that Emalia could not read. 'When is your birthday Em?' asked Fred curiously.

'May 1st, you're a month older than me.'

'Awww ickle Emikins' teased Fred grinning.

Emalia scowled, as she took her bag from Fred 'Call me ickle Emikins again and I promise you will regret it.'