Chapter Fifteen: Explosions

The next day was a Sunday so there were no classes. At breakfast in the Great Hall, Professor McGonagall walked down the Gryffindor table handing out the timetables. Emalia and Alicia poured through it.

'Aw man' moaned Alicia 'Double potions with the Slytherins on Monday morning. What a way to start off the week.'

Emalia looked at her. 'What's wrong with that?' she asked. Alicia almost choked on her pumpkin juice.

'Having classes with Slytherin is painful at the best of times. They do not like us' she said after recovering from a brief coughing fit. 'But Snape AND Slytherin... I think I would sooner play a prank on McGonagall than want that. Especially first class on a Monday morning.' 

Emalia nodded. She was looking through the rest of her timetable while stirring her porridge when Lee and Angelina walked over. 

'You see the timetable yet?' asked Alicia as they sat down. They nodded.

'Double potions Monday morning with Slytherin' moaned Alicia unhappily. 'Snape and ANY other house would have been ok.' 

Angelina looked at her. 'What?' asked Alicia. 'Did you look at the last two classes on a Friday?' mused Angelina as she helped herself to the toast that appeared in front of her.

'No? I was too busy consoling myself about Monday mornings' said Alicia apprehensively. She pulled the timetable out of Emalia's hands.

'Hey I was looking at that' protested Emalia. 'Oh no. Why? Why is McGonagall doing this to us?' lamented Alicia when she looked at the timetable for Friday. 'Double potions to end the week, I think I'm going to cry'.

Angelina laughed 'Oh come on Alicia it's not that bad. Some of the Slytherin's are ok. It's just Snape we have to look out for.' Angelina paused to take a sip of her orange juice. 'And by we, I mean Fred, George and Lee' she looked at Lee with her eyebrow raised.

Lee did not hear her, he was too busy staring at Emalia, his elbow in his cereal. Angelina nudged him. 'Huh? What?' he stammered confused. 

Angelina sighed. 'You, Fred and George are going to behave in potions with Snape this year, right?' Lee grinned and shrugged.

Alicia groaned 'Please don't Lee. Please do not make it worse. Snape already hates us.'

Lee laughed and turned to Emalia. 'So.. Hows your first timetable today? He asked smiling at her brightly. Angelina started laughing. 'Erm.. what?' asked Emalia.

Lee turned beet red. He laughed, got up and walked away quickly. Emalia looked at Alicia and Angelina who were crying tears of laughter. 'I am so confused' she said starting to laugh along with them.

Suddenly there was a great commotion coming from the ceiling. 'Owl post' said Angelica 'Great, Mum always ends up sending me stuff I have forgotten.' 

Emalia watched as the owls swooped down to various students. Griffin flew down carrying a letter for Emalia. He looked proud as punch delivering his letter. Emalia tickled his head as she took the letter from him. He hooted happily and flew back towards the Owlery. She opened the letter, it was from Albus.

'Dearest Emalia,

When you have finished your breakfast please make your way to my office.

I have been craving liquorish wands recently.

Albus.'

'Who is it from?' asked Angelina trying to peer over the top of the parchment. Emalia looked at her 'Its from Al-' she started 'Professor Dumbledore' Angelina nodded.