Chapter 19: Discussions

Emalia spent the rest of Sunday in bed. She had no energy, she could barely keep her eyes open while lying in bed. She drifted in and out of consciousness and was vaguely aware of someone coming to check on her every so often. Alicia maybe, or possibly Angelina. She was too exhausted to care. 

Emalia woke up the next morning, Alicia woke her a concerned look on her face.'Hey, I don't know if you were going to class or not this morning. How are you feeling?' 

Emalia sat up in her bed, she felt as if she had a herd of elephants running through her head, but she felt no pain other than that. She sighed. 'I'm good Alicia, I will be coming to class today.' 

Alicia nodded at her and proceeded to get ready to head down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Emalia swung her legs over the side of her bed. She was still tired, she could probably do with another day in bed but she had to continue pushing on. 

'You coming down for breakfast Em?' asked Angelina. 

Emalia shook her head 'I will meet you at Potions, I'm not really hungry'. Alicia and Angelina hesitated. 'I promise I am good' Emalia forced a big smile. Alicia and Angelina seemed placated by the smile and head out to the Great Hall.

Fred and George were already in the Great Hall by the time Angelina and Alicia arrived. Fred watched as they both sat down, he looked at them expectantly.

'Morning Weasleys, looking forward to another wonderful morning of double potions?' sighed Alicia. 

George laughed 'It can't be any worse than last week Alicia, I think even Snape realises putting me and you together is a disaster and not worth the stress.' 

Alicia grinned 'Ah George, I love how you compliment me first thing in the morning.'

Everyone at the table laughed, except for Fred. George noticed and sighed 'How is Emalia?' 

Alicia and Angelina looked at each other. 'She says that she is fine and that she is going to meet us at Potions.' Replied Angelina. 

'Dun wuree, llm brng er fud' said Alicia through a mouthful of food. Everyone looked at her, Angelina looked revolted, George and Lee started laughing, even Fred couldn't help but crack a smile.

Alicia swallowed 'Don't worry, I will bring her food' 

Fred nodded. He wanted to run and find Emalia and see how she was, be there for her. George sensing that his brother was anxious and worried, elbowed him gently to gain his attention.

'We can head down to Potions now if you want Freddie.' 

Fred looked at his twin, gratitude in his eyes and nodded. The two of them got up to leave, Fred feigning that he had left his potions book back in his dormitory.

When they left the Great Hall, George turned to face his brother 'Are you ok Fred?' 

Fred looked at him 'I am. At least I think I am' George looked at his brother running his hands through his hair. 'I can't get her out of my head. I feel drawn to her George. I think about her all the time, how she is, how she is feeling. I have only known her for a week but I feel like I have known her all my life.' 

George looked at his brother incredulously. Here was Fred, Mr. Cool calm and collected, being reduced to a blithering mess by Emalia Potter.

Not that George could blame him, Emalia was beautiful, funny, intelligent and she was a genuinely kind and caring person. Still he found it funny that Fred could be unnerved, for once he felt like the one who had it all together.