Chapter 24: Secrets Revealed

A scream escaped Emalia's lips as she watched Fred's body hurdle to the ground. She jumped to her feet and tried to make her way to the end of the podium they were sitting on. Pushing through the Gryffindor students who were sitting in front of her until Adrian pulled her back. Suddenly Fred stopped mid-air and was slowly lowered to the ground, looking to her left Emalia saw Albus lowering his wand down.

Just at that moment Charlie Weasley caught the snitch securing Gryffindor's victory over Hufflepuff. While most of the crowd cheered for Gryffindor's victory, Emalia watched horrified as Fred was put onto a gurney. Adrian squeezed her arm, to comfort her, reassure her that everything would be fine.

Charlie was down the other side of the pitch and had not noticed Fred being stretchered off the pitch. George was beside him along with Professor McGonagall. As soon as Charlie realised something wasn't right he flew straight towards his brother, Gryffindor's celebration cut short. Emalia sat frozen to her seat, not quite processing what was happening. 

'Fred got hurt. Fred got hurt' playing over and over in her mind. Her breathing became shallower as anxiety and panic washed over her.

She hadn't even noticed Adrian pulling her up from her seat until she felt her feet stumble down steps. 'What are you doing?' she asked Adrian.

He turned around and faced her, 'I'm not blind Emalia, I know you like Weasley and he likes you. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't drag your shocked self to the hospital wing to see if he is ok.' He continued pulling her along, and Emalia let him. 'I know you won't be ok until you know how he is.'

He stopped her and turned to face her. He placed a hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes, 'Stop pushing everyone who cares about you away, they are worried about you. Let them in and whatever you are going through will become lighter. You won't be carrying everything by yourself and you won't be alone. Ever.' 

Emalia nodded dumbly; words escaped her; but it did not matter as Adrian was leading her back to the castle again.

They arrived at the Hospital Wing; Emalia was a ball of nerves, her stomach kept turning over to the point that she thought she may vomit. She wanted to go in and make sure Fred was ok, but she wasn't sure how her presence would be received.

'They won't hate you; you know.' Emalia looked up at Adrian. 'You ignored me too, and I don't hate you. You're my friend and although you might not feel ready to share what is going through your head, I will be here for you' Adrian smiled 'And so will Weasley. Now go in.' He shoved her in the direction of the Hospital Wing door.

Emalia pushed open the door tentatively and could see the Gryffindor team standing around a bed, with Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall. She was about to close the door when Adrian pushed her through the door. The door shut loudly behind her, causing everyone to turn and stare at her. George narrowed his eyes when he saw her, and Emalia visibly gulped as she made her way over to the group.

'What are you doing here' hissed George.

'Ok, I deserve that',  Emalia thought to herself.

'George' said Charlie warningly 'Now is not the time.' George shrugged and turned his back to Emalia. Alicia walked over to her and enveloped her into a big hug. Emalia stiffened for a second before relaxing and returning the hug.

'How is he?' she whispered. 

Alicia pulled back from her, 'He'll be ok, he's just unconscious, Madam Pomfrey said he should be able to get out of the hospital wing by Monday or Tuesday.' Emalia nodded, the heavy feeling in her chest lightened somewhat, but she needed to see Fred.