Chapter 26

"She's ready." Michael insisted. 

"There's no way," I argued. We were in God's office, Michael, God and I and Michael was being stupid. As usual.

"Luke, she's ready," Michael said again, crossing his arms. I clenched my jaw.

"No." I said, turning away.

"Lucifer, be reasonable. She's going to have to fight him eventually," God reasoned, looking between Michael and I.

"She can't be ready. Michael, she hasn't had millenniums of training like we have, she just started this. Give her time," I pleaded.

"Luke, her power grows stronger every minute. I'm afraid if she doesn't utilize it, she's hurt herself," Michael muttered, looking down and rubbing his eyes.

"Well, give her a way to use it!" I raised my voice, staring him down.

"How, exactly?" Michael barked, meeting my glare and holding it.

"I don't know!" I yelled back, throwing my hands up.

"Exactly. This is not your decision. Let's see what she has to say about it. I'll go get her,"  Michael said, leaving.

"Father, we can't. This is crazy," I pleaded.

"Lucifer, we do not have a choice. I'm sorry. But you will be with her at all times. Do not disappoint her by not believing in her," God scolded.

I punched the wall. I sighed and eventually nodded, understanding that my anger and frustration would get me nowhere. Charlie and Michael walked in, and Charlie looked very hesitant, glancing between all of us. She walked over to me and I pulled her into my arms, kissing her hair.

"Charlie, we think you're ready," God disclosed as he stood up, "We think you need to use your power now or you'll hurt yourself. But we will not go through with this if you don't feel like you're ready."

Charlie looked from God to Michael to me. I grimaced at her. She knew what I wanted. My brave girl looked right into the eyes of God and said three words.

"Let's do this."

She was ready.

***
Guys, it's about to get good. :)

Vote! Comment!

Ilysm
reillygrealis