18 Years Later

I pulled into the beach parking lot, parked, and got out. I grabbed my bag, book, towel, and sunglasses and walked across the burning sand. Laying down my towel, I set up my little tanning spot. It was a beautiful day, one not seen very often in Rhode Island. There were guys playing beach volleyball a few yards from me. A few of them very attractive.

I opened my book and dug in, enjoying my alone time. After a while, I fell asleep in the soft sunlight. I was harshly awoken by a volleyball hitting my stomach.

"Oof." I grunted, sitting up, startled.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." One of the guys playing volleyball ran over to me. He had black hair falling into his blue eyes, his beautiful muscles accented by his tan. But I didn't give a flying shit about that, that volleyball hurt.

I threw it back at his stomach. He grunted and caught it, thrown off. "Watch what you're doing, pal!"

He stared at me, shocked. "Did you just call me pal?"

"Yeah, I did."

He threw his head back into a laugh I wasn't expecting. "I guess that was deserved. I'm Luca."

"And I don't care!" I snapped, pushing my sunglasses up over my hair to allow myself a full-on glare.

He smiled at me and threw his ball back to his friends. "Next game, guys!" He sat down beside me, too close.

"Do you mind?" I hissed, moving away from him. He just moved closer.

"Actually, I do." He continued to smirk at me. "Tell me your name. Please?" He tried to give me puppy dog eyes.

"Ew, stop." I replied, pulling my shades over my eyes and laying back.

"Okay, but, I'm not going away." He said, laying back as well.

We laid like that and he started to hum. And then he started to sing. And then he started to shriek.

"Carissa!!! Okay, it's Carissa!" I said, finally. I sat up and glared at him.

"Can I buy you an ice cream, Carissa?" He sat up on his elbows, smiling.

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"I'll sing again."

"Oh god, please don't."

"Then go with me!"

"No."

He took a deep breath, preparing himself.

"No, okay! Fine, we'll go!"

***

Far away, an omniscient being looked over the couple, smiling down at them. He shook his head as they argued all the way to the ice cream shop. "You owe me one, Lucifer." He whispered to himself, chuckling slightly. "Looks like I'm gonna have to find myself a new devil."

***

Oh my god, that's it! That's a wrap!!!

I hope you guys didn't mind the slightly cliche ending too much. I loved it, personally.

Thanks so much for going on this journey with me guys. You don't know how much it means to me.

As of January 27th, 2016, I have started writing the second book! It will follow another character! Leave a comment down below telling me what you guys would like to see!!! I'm so interested to hear!

Seriously, thanks for reading this guys. You're all amazing.

Catch ya on the flip side

reillygrealis xoxo