Chapter 10

No. That was wrong. I looked up at Luke to see a pity in his eyes. I hated that look.

"He didn't, Luke." I said sharply.

"Charlie, he was mentally unstable--" He started.

"No." I stood up and walked out the door. I walked up to his apartment and slammed the door shut on one of the bedrooms.

He was wrong, right? I would know if my own father molested me, right?! I thought about the few memories I had of my father, as most of them had escaped me. It felt like forever ago since he had died. I remembered my mother crying. I remember not crying. Why wasn't I crying? I tried to think of my younger years, ones that weren't as easy to remember. All I could remember was him helping me put on my pajamas. He did that a lot, dressed me... But there was something about my pajamas...oh my god. Floods of memories came back to me. Pain. Hurt. Betrayal. The smell of alcohol. The tears on my cheeks. I began to cry softly and stood in front of the full length mirror. I stared at the girl standing in front of me. She had a sickly face and was completely bald. This wasn't me.

I punched the mirror and it cracked under my knuckles. Blood dripped from them, and I continued to punch until my hand was a bloody, unrecognizable mess. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist. I looked up to see Luke's face distorted in the mirror. He rested his head on my shoulder with a blank look on his face.

"Close your eyes." He whispered in my ear. I closed them and he kissed the top of my bald head. He turned me around and kissed my bloody hand, eyelids, my cheeks, and then slowly, my lips.

"Now open them and look in the mirror." He whispered, his hot breath on my face.

I turned around and opened my eyes. Standing before me was a beautiful girl. She had brown waist-long, curly hair. Her eyes were shining and her cheeks were rosy.

This was me.

And I was beautiful.