Chapter 9

I stared at Charlotte.

"Excuse me?" I whispered.

"Dad..." She said, clasping her chest. "Dad...DAD...DAD!" She lunged at the Soul.

"CHARLOTTE NO!" I grabbed her waist before she was able to touch the Soul. She fought against my grip but I held her tightly as I dragged her into my office.

"LET GO OF ME!" She screamed as she wrenched my arms away from her. "DAD, IT'S ME, IT'S ME CHARLIE! PLEASE!" I wrestled her away as she continued to scream. I managed to drag her to my office and locked the door. I stood in from of the door as I put her down gently, insuring she wouldn't try to leave. She paced around, hyperventilating. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" She screamed at me.

"Charlie, you must be mistaken--"

"NO! THAT IS MY FATHER.  LUKE, PAT ISN'T MY BIRTH FATHER. THAT'S HIM, THAT MY BIRTH DAD. I WOULD BET MY LIFE ON IT!" Charlie screamed at me, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Charlie..." I sighed. That couldn't be her father. What could her actual dad have done to end him up in hell? "Stay here." I said.

I walked over to my desk and opened my laptop. "What's his name?" I asked Charlie.

"Kyle Turner." She said, avoiding my eyes. I typed in the name and a man popped up on the screen and looked for the reason he was there. I found it and I almost fell over when I saw it. There had to be a mistake.

"Uh.." I stammered, looking over at Charlie.

"What?" Charlie said as a tear navigated down her cheek.

"Nothing." I replied, stepping in front of the screen.

"Luke..." Charlie said as she walked over to me. "Move."

"No." I said, holding my ground. Charlie pushed me out of the way to look at the screen. I watched as her eyes scanned the screen, watched her comprehend the words. She looked up at me, confusion in her eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but saw, slowly, as her look transformed into understanding. Then fear.

"No...no...NO!" She screamed as she ran into a corner, clutching her chest as though her heart was going to fly from her chest.

"Charlie!" I murmured, as I slowly walked towards her, speaking as I would to a frightened animal. She looked so terrified, so hurt. I wanted to scoop her up and hold her. I knew this was the worst pain someone could go through.

"Luke, it's wrong." She said, as she sank to the floor. I crept to her and held her tightly against my chest, wishing away her pain, as if I could do that.

"Shh.." I whispered into her ear. She sobbed into my chest, grabbing onto my shirt for dear life.

"Luke...my father molested me."

***

Hey guys!

So, this part changed tremendously. For those who have not read the story, I was in 7th grade and I made her mom the molester. I mean, this can happen but I don't personally like this story line. It's kind of a massive change.

I hope you guys like it better.

I do, tbh.

I love you guys so much. Keep reading!