Chapter 21

Uriah held a finger to his lips, signaling me to be quiet. I nodded to let him know I understood. He was crouched in front of me, as we hid behind a wall in the place that Macayah had taken Charlie. She was here. I felt it in my bones. It was an old looking mansion with winding stairways and confusing hallways. It looked like we stepped into the freakin' 1800s. I mean, it was lit with candles. Can we say ancient?

Uriah signaled for me to go and start the next step in the plan. I nodded, stood up, and walked out from behind the wall.

"Macayah!!!" I screamed, cupping my hands around my mouth. "I'm here, you bastard. Where are you?" I opened my arms and continued to scream for Macayah, smiling like a mad bastard the whole time. I gave the thumbs up to Uriah, who was watching me. He grinned and ran in the other direction.

"Lucifer. What a pleasant surprise." Macayah slimed, appearing in front of me.  Or at least I think he slimed. That's what it seemed like since he was slimy in general. Obviously, I did my best to look pathetic. I slouched my shoulders and tried to look tired and defeated.

"You win," I spat at him, "Let Charlie go."

"That wouldn't be winning, now would it?" Macayah smirked, circling me like a vulture.

"You can take me instead," I bargained with him.

"Or I could take you both." Macayah chuckled. He lifted his arm, and as expected, I was surrounded by darkness.

***

"Charlie, dear, I have a surprise for you." Macayah's chilling voice came from the darkness. The lights went on and Macayah stood outside my cage.

"Leave me alone or kill me," I spat at him, turning away.

"All in due time, but for now, I think you will want to see this.

"Charlie?" A familiar voice pleaded.

****

Charlie sat in a cage. Her clothing was dirty and her hair was tangled and greasy but she'd never looked so beautiful.

"Lucifer!" She cried out with joy. She ran to the cage bars. I shot up, still dazed from passing out but that didn't stop me from getting to her. I grabbed her face through the bars as tears clouded my vision.

"Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" I demanded brushing her hair out of her face. She was crying and she shook her head.  "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, baby,"  I muttered to her over and over.

"I think that's enough for now." Macayah said. I was suddenly shoved backwards and slammed into a wall. Hard.

I groaned and Charlie screamed.

"Macayah, you bastard," I managed to gasp out.

"Well, that's not very nice," Macayah said, smirking, "Now, Charlie, observe closely as I show your boyfriend for the coward he is."

My airways closed up as Macayah stepped closer. I grasped at my throat, trying to get the invisible source to stop. I choked, trying to breathe.

"Macayah! No! Stop!" Charlie screamed, throwing herself against the cage bars. I made direct eye contact with Macayah's cold eyes as I felt the life leave me.

"Get off my brother you assbutt!" I heard Michael scream.

And then, shit hit the fan.

***

Hi guys! New chapter! Keep reading and voting! I love you all!

reillygrealis xoxo

(Anybody catch the Supernatural reference?) XD