Chapter 7

I woke up in a empty, white room. I sat up, startled. Where was I? The last thing I remembered was falling asleep with Luke...

Suddenly, a large door opened. And in walked George Clooney.

"Hello, Charlotte." He said, his voice deep and booming.

"Uh, hi, George Clooney? Where am I?" I asked cautiously.

"Purgatory. Oh, and not George Clooney." He replied.

"Wait what?" I shook my head, puzzled. What the hell was purgatory? "And you're definitely George Clooney. Was I kidnapped by George Clooney?" 

"Nope, I'm just God. Well, technically. This isn't my true form." He said, smiling.

"Okay?" I said, laughing.

"Why do you laugh?" 'God' said.

"Because you're not God." I retorted. All of a sudden there was a flash of color. George transformed into a...being. I don't know how to explain it. But it was beautiful. He transformed back.

"Now do you believe me, child?" He said, smirking. My jaw was open and I couldn't figure out how to close it. So, I nodded.

"Charlotte, I need to talk to you about two things. The first is about what happened with your mother. The second, is Luke." He said, calmly walking towards me.

I swallowed. "Okay."

"Do you know what happened with your mother?" He asked as he snapped his finger. A large white couch appeared and he sat down. I stared at it until he patted the spot next to him. I cautiously took a seat.

"No." I lied.

"You can't lie to God." He laughed.

I stared at him. "I somehow saved myself."

"You know how you did it, Charlotte."

"Charlie." I said out if habit. I covered my mouth and stared wide-eyed at him. Did I just correct God?!

"Okay, Charlie. I will explain what happened." God said. "Long ago, before human's figured out time,  there was an angel, a dark angel. This angel was named Macayah. He had an obsessive hatred of both myself and every thing that was good. So, he decided to curse a single human with a power. A power that was so strong it could kill anything, including myself. This human's name was Phoebus. But, much to Macayah's dismay, he used this power for good instead of evil. In retaliation to the backfire of his plan, Macayah cursed the rest of the line of Phoebus. Eventually, the family was dwindled until none existed. There was no more with the blood of Phoebus. Until you."

"Me?" I questioned, suspicious of this tale. There was no way that I had the power to demolish God. This prank, I guess it was, wasn't funny anymore. I quickly stood up and backed away. God simply sat quietly, studying me.

"You must be mistaken." I whispered, looking at the bleach white floor.

"Not to sound vain, but I'm God. I'm never wrong." He said smiling.

I sat down again, confused. The power didn't seem that great. I didn't feel any different. The only thing that's changed, overall, was the fact that I had cancer. I needed to change the subject, otherwise my head would definitely explode. "You wanted to also talk about Luke?"

"Ah, yes. But it's not my place to talk about him." God replied. At that moment, the doors burst open.

And in walked Luke.