chapter 6- could we get the vlog gun?

"now, ladies," austin says, after carmen leaves the call. "it's time to tell us where you would take tommy on a first date." i bite down on my lip gently. lindsay told me this would be a question, but i'm still caught slightly off guard. "jules, let's start with you."   

    everyone's answers are either boring or unrealistic. marissa says she'll take tommy to meet the queen (which is exactly what i told lindsay i WON'T be saying), serena wants to have a netflix and chill date, and catherine's taking him to the freaking moon.

    "valerie, you're the last one," austin says. "where would you take tommyinnit on your first date?"

    "either the amusement park or an arcade. maybe both," i say. "i love those carnival-type scenes. the rides, the games, the food, it's all so much fun. we can get those little fast pass wristbands at the amusement park and skip all the lines, and get the free play cards at the arcade. we could definitely dominate and win the best prizes." tommy smiles when i finish.

    did he like it?

    "could we get the vlog gun?" he asks. i raise an eyebrow.

    "the what?" i reply. he gasps.

    "you don't know about the vlog gun?" he sounds shocked and horrified.

    "miss girl, you just made a BIG mistake," heather says with a laugh.

    okay, miss i'll-take-you-to-a-beauty-pageant-for-our-first-date.

    "mistake?" i ask.

    "the vlog gun! i won it at an arcade! look it up right now!" tommy orders. i nod and pull out my phone, typing "vlog gun" into safari. a small surge gun pops up, along with pictures of tommy and a man with curly brown hair and glasses holding the gun.

    "oh lord, how many tickets did that cost?" i ask, raising my hand to my mouth.

    "300," tommy replies smugly. i slam my phone down and look into his eyes on the screen.

    "shut up. you're joking." i laugh. "300? that can get you maybe a chewed pencil in america."

    "i actually had two vlog guns, but wilbur broke both of them." i assume wilbur's the man with dark hair in the pictures.

    "oh, then yes, for sure we can go get a replacement. maybe five, if they're only 300 tickets each."

    "HAH! perfect." tommy shouts, clapping his hands together. i grin at his enthusiasm.

    tommy ends up kicking catherine off, because "taking me to the moon is unrealistic and makes it seem like you're not actually here to find love, but to dick around." i nod and purse out my bottom lip.

    he has a point.

    and turns out his hunch was correct. catherine chose host.

    "this is one of the hardest questions," austin says. "girls, you've been talking a lot about what you like about tommy, now it's time to say what you DON'T like about him." i feel my heart swell. what do i not like about him? he's funny, handsome, fun to talk to-

    wait.

    i know the perfect thing.

    "austin," i shout out quickly. "i have something in mind."

    "valerie? no way!" austin says. "but tommy seems to like you so much. you're going to be the one to answer first?"

    "yup. because i noticed something incredibly wrong in the one and only stream of his i watched."