chapter 47- keeping the chain going

tommy leads me to a beach. the beach looks nothing like a beach in california. instead of sand, it's full of rocks. still cool, just different.

"wow," i say as i watch the waves crash over the rocks. "this is really nice."

"isn't it? i wanted to show you before you left," tommy says. "this is where i went with tubbo when we first met two years ago. and where i met up with wilbur and phil on that same day."

"that's so cool."

we watch the ocean in comfortable silence until i check the time.

"it's 10:18," i say. "do you think anyone will be wondering where we are? since breakfast normally doesn't take this long." tommy takes a deep breath.

"no," he replies. "i, uh, texted wilbur earlier."

"oh?" tommy turns to me and nods.

"it's fitting, huh?" tommy says.

"what's fitting?" i ask.

"that the first time i met tubbo we were here, i met wilbur for the first time here, and now we're here." i nod and smile.

"keeping the chain going, i see."

we sit for a while and watch the waves until tommy starts shifting.

"you good?" i ask.

"err, well..." tommy chuckles nervously and cracks his knuckles.

"you're not. what's wrong?"

"i love you," he blurts out. my eyes grow wide and my heart starts beating a million times per minute. i turn my head towards him and he looks back at me.

"shit, uh," tommy stammers. "you don't have to say it back if you're not-"

"i love you too."

tommy's breath quickly stops. he looks down at my lips and i nod, letting him pull me into a kiss.

somehow, it feels different than our first kiss. i feel a sense of relief, knowing he loves me back. i can say that the kiss is full of love without doubting my choice of words.

i feel like i can climb all the way up mount everest and scream "i love tommyinnit" at the top of my lungs.

when we pull away, tommy smiles.

"i was hoping you'd say that," he says, smile still wide across his face.

"yeah. feels great knowing the feeling is mutual," i reply.

"valerie..." tommy holds my hands and looks up at me. "will you be my girlfriend? i want to finally be able to say that i have the pleasure of dating you." a blush spreads across my cheeks.

"i would love to be your girlfriend," i say quietly. tommy stands up, pulls me up, then picks me off the ground in a huge embrace.

"this is the best day of my LIFE!" he yells. i laugh.

"this is the best day of MY life!" i yell back. tommy puts me down and hugs me.

"can we tell everyone? including the fans?" tommy asks. i nod without hesitation. "let's stream tonight. we can make you a twitch account if you want and it can be your first stream. we can do whatever you want on stream and then boom. we'll tell them."

"let's do it."

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

once we get back home, everyone is eagerly awaiting in the living room. the room goes dead silent when we enter and everyone turns towards us.