chapter 7- just get her off

oh you've got to be kidding me.

    bottom three? the nerves start kicking in. i had managed to avoid being in the bottom three for the past three rounds, and now it's happening.

    in the end, it's jules, serena, and me in the bottom three. i dig my nails into my palm as the knot in my stomach tightens. what if this was the end of the road for me?

    "it's time to plead your cases," austin says. "serena, you're up first."

    "oh god, well..." she speaks, but i'm not listening.

    "very well," austin says when she finishes, snapping me out of my trance. "valerie, it's your turn."

    "okay, well..." i sigh. i wasn't ready for this. "honestly, tommy, i feel like we click really well together. i think we have great chemistry and i enjoy talking to you. we seem to have a lot in common and i think we could find even more things we have in common if you gave me a chance..."

tommy nods and raises and eyebrow.

i hope that was good enough.

"tommy has made his decision," austin says after jules says why she should stay on. "and the one getting kicked off the show is..."

austin draws out the answer for way longer than my liking. i close my eyes and wince. the suspense is killing me.

"JULES! i'm sorry it's the end of the road for you," austin shouts. i open my eyes and exhale. i hadn't even realized i was holding my breath. "tommy, what led to your decision?"

"take a guess, jules," tommy replies, his face neutral.

"the comments about your height?" she replies with a snicker.

"bingo." tommy leans back and crosses his arms. i bite my bottom lip to keep myself from laughing.

"i have no regrets," jules says, flipping tommy off. i put my hand over my mouth and wheeze.

"she chose host," tommy replies, rolling his eyes.

"jules did, indeed, choose host," austin confirms.

"and with that i'm outta here. see ya later, suckers." jules exits the room. a shame, too, considering i really liked her.

"ladies, we're going to bring another guest onto the show..." austin says. "everyone please give a warm welcome to wilbur soot!" i raise my eyebrows. tommy mentioned his name earlier, didn't he?

"hello austin, and hello mr. tommyinnit..." wilbur says. i can hear him smirking through his smooth british accent. "how are you coping with all these women surrounding you? is it the time of your life?"

"no different than usual, will," tommy responds nonchalantly. "i'm used to this."

"wilbur, we brought you on because you have a question for the girls," austin says.

"yeah, and it's an important question," wilbur says. "amanda. what is your favorite color?"

"uh... red?" amanda says, raising an eyebrow.

"okay. i can tell you she's really energetic, loving, and open. she's okay." amanda lets out a chuckle and shrugs.

"mine's pink," heather says.

"i wasn't going to ask you yet, but sure: heather you're either really sweet or extremely fake. i'm leaning towards the latter, based on your fake blonde hair."

"jesus christ, wilbur," austin says, laughing awkwardly. "i didn't realize you were going to be so blunt."

"just like valerie, right?" tubbo asks. i perk up when i hear my name. "didn't you say in your interview that you're blunt?"