chapter 44- flirting

i try to keep in my screaming as i quickly type out a reply.

@valeriedavis: oh my god amanda?? it feels like it's been forever, how are you?!

she responds just as quickly.

@amanda.lilian: i'm good! rumor has it (aka twitter) that you're in brighton rn, is that true?

@valeriedavis: it's true!

@amanda.lilian: well you know... i'm actually in brighton right now too! my manager said i had "business" to take care of down here, might be signing with a big streaming company :o but i'd love to meet up and chat if you're up for that!

@valeriedavis: OMG REALLY? well congrats! that's awesome! and yes i'd love to talk, but we gotta make it soon, i think i'm only here for a couple more days. can we hang out tomorrow? maybe get coffee and breakfast?

@amanda.lilian: yes ofc! i know a really good cafe nearby, i'll send directions now. can i have your number so they're easier to send?

@valeriedavis: fs, ###-###-#### :)

@amanda.lilian: perfect, we can discuss details later over text. i'm so excited!

@valeriedavis: me too omgg <3

@amanda.lilian: i gtg, but i'll see you tomorrow!

@valeriedavis: see you then!

i sigh and smile.

well, turns out i'll be meeting yet another person while in brighton.

i leave the bathroom and see tommy standing nearby, talking to toby.

"hey, you're back," toby says as i approach them.

"yeah," i say, excitement evident in my voice.

"you sound happy," tommy says. i nod.

"i'm meeting up with amanda tomorrow."

"amanda..." tommy rubs his chin. "i've heard that name somewhere."

"she got second place on love or host." tommy snaps his fingers and nods.

"yes! her. she was funny. but she hosted me... anyway what time are you meeting her?"

"no specific time yet... just breakfast."

"okay cool. where?" i click my tongue before answering.

"she didn't say the name... just a cafe..." tommy sighs.

"you never know the details."

"she's texting them to me later!" as if on cue, my phone buzzes and amanda texts me a cafe i've never heard of, telling me to meet her there at 8 tomorrow morning. i show my phone to tommy.

"oh i've been there. it's pretty close to the airbnb. i can walk you over tomorrow and wait for you to finish, if you want." i smile.

"that'd be very nice of you, tommy."

"are you guys done flirting in front of me?" toby asks. i inhale sharply. i forgot he was there. tommy scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"sorry, tubbo..." tommy mutters. toby laughs.

"it's okay. i'm gonna go over to wilbur, you can join if you want."

"sounds good." toby walks away, leaving tommy and i on our own.

"so..." i start. before i can say anything else, tommy takes my hand and walks me over to the line for arcade prizes. tommy leads me in front of him and hugs me from behind, with his arms over my shoulders and his chin resting on my head, our fingers entangled. i smile slightly.