chapter 18- one of the boys

the next morning, i wake up with a smile on my face as i rush to my computer to open discord. it's 9:30 AM, so i'm not surprised to see a lot of them on, especially everyone in the uk. i join vc2 with tommy, tubbo, and quackity.

"val?" tubbo asks when i join. "hi! i'm streaming."

"oh, hi stream!" i say. "i just have something i wanted to tell you guys, it can wait though."

"no it's okay, i'll mute my stream." i hear a "click" and tubbo turns his attention back to me, informing me the stream can't hear.

"are you okay?" tommy asks.

"more than okay!" i say gleefully. "i'm going to the uk!"

"AYEEEE!" quackity shouts. "that's awesome!"

"i just need to know a few things first. when is the flight, and how long are we staying?"

"flight is february 12," tommy says. "i have no idea how long we're staying. and we're going to brighton. wilbur rented an airbnb." i clap my hands enthusiastically.

"oh my god this will be so fun!" i squeal. tubbo laughs.

"you sound like a girl," tubbo says, still laughing.

"wow, do i really?"

"tubbo's surprised because you're ONE OF THE BOYS!" quackity shouts in his obnoxious, dramatic accent.

"ONE OF THE BOYS!" tommy and tubbo exclaim in sync. i laugh.

"i appreciate that so much," i say, wiping fake tears from my eyes.

"okay, but actually? i have no idea how long we're staying. probably a couple of weeks? dream hasn't bought plane tickets for everyone to go home yet, but he can probably buy them while we're in brighton," tommy says. i nod, biting my nails.

"cool..." i say quietly. "i'm so excited." a wide grin spreads on my face.

"same," tubbo says. "just don't put it on social media. it's going to be a surprise for the fans."

"ooh, that's fun."

"alright, i recommend telling dream and wilbur you can go so you get a plane ticket and a ride to the airbnb from the airport. i'm going to unmute my stream, but if you have any questions you can dm any of us."

"sounds good, i'm going to go tell dream right now. bye guys!"

"bye, valerie!" all three of them say in unison. i laugh as i leave the call and go to my direct messages with dream.

valerie: hi dream! i talked to my parents last night and i'm going to go to the uk! :)

Dream: NO WAY! pog! okay, i'm buying your plane ticket right now

valerie: ty ty

Dream: oh ummm... everyone's flights are full, so you'll arrive slightly later than everyone else. are you cool with that?

valerie: as long as i get there at some point LMAO

Dream: perfect, here's your ticket! -insert photo of ticket lol-

valerie: thank you so so much

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

over the week between buying the ticket and the trip, i get to know everyone a lot better. i figure, if i'm going to be staying with these people for weeks, i better get to know all of them so it's not awkward.