chapter 52- not yet

"do you not like subway?" wilbur asks me.

"i do!" i reassure him. "it's just... reminiscent of something now." i smile and think back to yesterday.

we all go inside and get sandwiches and chips. i get a chicken sandwich with salt and vinegar chips, and tommy gets a roast beef sandwich with salt and vinegar chips.

"you like salt and vinegar crisps?" tommy asks.

"chips. and yes," i reply with a smirk.

"they're called CRISPS, idiot."

"no they're not."

"you're in the UK. you're going to call them crisps."

"just because i'm in britain doesn't mean i suddenly have british lingo. i'm still american."

"that's a shame."

"shut up." i lightly nudge tommy in the shoulder and he laughs

we all sit down and eat somewhat quickly. we're all excited to see what we're doing next.

once everyone finishes, we all turn towards wilbur.

"what?" he asks.

"where are we going next?" toby asks.

"oh right. the cinema."

"wait," karl says. "did we rent a whole movie theater?"

"what?" wilbur asks with a raised eyebrow. "no. we did not do that. this isn't mr. beast, karl." karl groans and crosses his arms. "oh now don't baby rage now."

"i'm not baby raging. i was only asking a question." nick pats karl's shoulder.

"there there, little one," nick says. karl rolls his eyes and laughs.

we all go to the movie theater and argue about what movie to watch.

(ik this story is technically set two years into the future, but i obviously don't know what movies will be releasing in two years, so we're gonna say they're playing "old movies" at this theater or something lol)

"i want to watch moana!" tommy whines.

"no! let's watch the bee movie!" toby shouts.

"that movie sucks!" i yell. "i vote on watching birds of prey."

"you've seen that movie a thousand times!" alex argues. "we should watch cats for shits and giggles."

"NO!" everyone says. we all start yelling and arguing until we hear clay's voice.

"any oppositions to ready player one?" clay asks above everyone shouting. the yelling dies down.

"no..." we all murmur.

"then it's settled." clay walks up to the ticket window and buys ten tickets to watch ready player one.

we all head into the theater. niki and wilbur go to buy popcorn and candy while the rest of us either wait, go to the bathroom, or head inside. i decide to go inside the theater with karl so we can see where we're sitting.

"we're towards the back," karl says, pointing at the ticket.

"good. the back is higher up so it's alway better," i respond. karl nods.

we find our seats and sit down, waiting for everyone to arrive. karl's on one side of me with tommy on the other.

"have you ever seen this movie?" tommy asks as the opening commercials play.

"no, have you?" i respond.

"of course. it's a gamer movie. and i am quite the gamer." i laugh.

"you sure are, tommyinnit."