bonus chapter- simons

(A/N: sit back and relax, grab a snack. this chapter is extremely long. happy one mil :D)

valerie's pov - five years later

"OUCH! jeez niki, why so tight?" i ask as niki adjusts my dress.

"i'm hardly doing anything! i'm fixing your zipper!" niki shoots back.

"you're doing SOMETHING alright!"

"let me try," lindsay says. she stands behind me and zips up my dress fully, pulling it slightly and moving my freshly curled hair out of the way. "there! now it's perfect."

"almost perfect," amanda says, adjusting the front of my dress. she smooths it out and makes sure it's looks as good as possible.

"WHERE ARE THE FLOWERS?" paige panics.

"the bouquet?" niki asks. "right over there in the corner." she points at a table and, sure enough, my bouquet is laying on the table.

"and the veil?" caroline (amanda's girlfriend, who i've grown very close to over the past few years) asks. "do we know where that is?"

"in the same bag val's dress was in," niki answers again. she looks at me and winks.

"this is why you're my maid of honor," i say with a heavy sigh. niki giggles. "i love the dresses, by the way."

"aren't they pretty?" niki asks, showing off her red dress. "but enough about me, it's YOUR special day! aren't you excited?" niki stands behind me and rubs my shoulders enthusiastically while i look at myself in the mirror.

"i definitely look the part."

"do you not feel the part?"

"well, i-"

"valerie davis, soon to be valerie simons! don't tell me you're getting cold feet now!"

"no! absolutely not!" i groan and go to rub my eyes, but niki quickly swats my hand away, warning me not to ruin my makeup. "just nervous. that's all."

"what's there to be nervous about? you guys have been dating for what, five years? and then tommy FINALLY pops the question, you were both so excited, you couldn't even SLEEP last night you were so excited, and now you're nervous?"

"yeah. i guess." i pick at my freshly manicured finger nails (which, again, niki stops me from doing).

"tell me why you're nervous." niki pulls up a plastic chair and sits in it, then motions for me to sit in the cushioned chair in front of my vanity.

"i think..." i smooth out my dress as i sit down. "i think it's more excitement butterflies. but they feel like nerves. and they're so... prominent. it's all i can think about. i'm getting MARRIED. like..." i let out a nervous breath. niki nods slowly as she examines the engagement ring on my right hand.

"tell me how he did it again," she says. i raise an eyebrow.

"did... what?" i ask.

"proposed." i smile as i think back to that day.

"don't you remember?"

"i want to hear you say it again. you always look so happy when you tell the story." i laugh as the scene plays in my head.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

-flashback-

"are you JOKING?" i ask as tommy tries to focus on the road. "you rented out a whole CINEMA just for our date?"

"you never know what precautions you have to take!" tommy defends himself while laughing. "what if the fans are there?" i roll my eyes and laugh.