Chapter Twenty-Five

I was back in the dream world. Before I stood all five of the Peculiar siblings. I was sitting in what seemed to be a lawn chair.

To my right stood Priscilla and Ponty. I recognized them from summer camp. To my left stood two siblings I hadn't met before, but I knew their names; Prim and Peter Peculiar, the Painter and Paper-Crafts kids.

Then in the middle of the small semi-circle stood the fifth and final sibling. Well, I should say nibling; even though we had never met, I knew this to be P, the adopted semangat Peculiar nibling.

"Alright, you lot," I said. My voice sounded surprisingly masculine. My view zoomed out and I saw that I was none other than William Peculiar. My shock was soon covered by the words he was giving his kids.

"That girl, Fiona, got stuck in the woods last night. Mind telling me who was responsible?" No one stepped forward.

"I'm not mad, kids. I just want to know so that I can go over the safety protocol one last time. Now, who was it that got Fiona lost in the woods?" This time, the fifth nibling stepped forward.

"P, thank you for being honest. I just want you to be more vigilant next time, OK?" P nodded his assent and stepped back into line with the group.

"The rest of you, make sure the campers get to their cars and train stations, yeah?" The four siblings nodded and trotted off. William took P by the shoulder and led them into a clearing.

"P, I know you don't remember much of your past, but I want you to know that you can always feel safe around me, OK?" William patted them on the shoulder. "If you make a mistake, I will help you to fix it."

"Not like him," said P quietly. I found myself shocked that he had spoken. William leaned in closer and whispered, "Like who?" The nibling wrapped their arms around themselves and started to cry.

"Like my father."

When I awoke, I could tell I was different. I took a deep breath and sat up; the effort nearly killed me. I looked around and saw I was still on that horrible stone table. With much hyperventilation, I was able to swing my feet to the floor.

I went over the dream in my head again. Who had Ps' father been? And why did they seem so familiar?

I was interrupted by a warm feeling spreading up my legs. I looked down and saw a strange orange glow, overtaking my ankles. I gasped and covered my mouth; that orange light was giving me a connection to the sisi lain.

I managed to cross my legs, and rest my hands on my knees. I tipped my head back and let the spirits overtake me.

"Fiona! Fiona!" called Kelly. Her spirit-self cupped their hands around their mouth, and yelled, "FIONA!"

Devi came up behind her and took a deep breath. Spirit-Kelly covered her ears as Spirit-Devi projected a sonic wave into the air. The sound Fiona reverberated throughout the whole Sisi Lain.

Spirit-Me stood up straighter at the sound of my name. Before I knew it, I was standing a few feet away from some very familiar-looking girls.

"Devi? Kelly?" I asked tentatively. The girls turned around and began to cry.

"Fiona!" They enveloped me in a hug. I cried into their hair, and they pulled away.

"Girls! Girls, I need help." I said, wiping my eyes. "Peni-Puh has kidnapped me. I'm being held somewhere - I need you to find me!" I could feel my connection start to fade. My jiwa was being taxed, and I needed to say what I needed to say fast.