Chapter Thirty

When we got back to school, it was very late at night. I saw the light on in our dorm and feared the worst - just like the Headmaster to bust us for passing up the schools' curfew.

But when we opened the door, we instead found that Kelly was staying up studying the history of painting. She jumped up when she saw us and crossed her arms.

"What were you two doing out so late? Do you know how worried I was ab-" She was interrupted from groaning in Kellys' bunk.

"Kelly...?" I said worriedly. Kelly sighed, made the shh sign, and pulled back the covers to reveal a pallid Joan.

"OMG! What happened!?" Devi whisper-shouted.

Kelly sighed and explained that they had been brewing a few Smellers' Solvents, for a prank, and had decided to try them out. Joan had used hers' on herself, as she didn't want to risk Kellys' health. But when Kelly wanted to try hers, Joan gracefully offered herself as a tester.

And now she was laying in bed, coughing and dying.

"She said at first it felt like a hug, but then it started strangling her," said Kelly. I nodded and sadly knelt in front of Joans' bunk.

"But wait...weren't you guys supposed to be going out tonight?" Kelly nodded and sighed at my comment. "We were gonna, but she said she had work, so we wanted to stay in and finish that-"

"I'm gonna have to call BS on that one, Kells. Why were you here?" said Devi.

"Yeah! We were out for dinner earlier, at like five, and now she's passed out, and you're just sitting there studying? Spill!"

Before Kelly could tell us, Joan stirred and Kelly rushed to her bedside, asking if she needed anything or if she was thirsty and did she need another blanket?

"I...I'm fine, don't wo-worry about me..."  she said. She shuddered and laid back down.

"Yeah, she's pretty bad off..." said Kelly worriedly.

"Take her to the hospital wing," I advised. "The nurses there can help her."

~

I rushed to the hospital wing the next day as soon as I woke up, to find Kelly sitting in a chair outside the door.

"Is she-"

"Yes, she's doing fine," answered Kelly, sighing. "She'll be totally fine in a week."

"That's great!" I enthused. She nodded sadly. "Kells, she'll be fine! What else is bothering you?"

"Not really anything, honest. Just general sadness," she sighed. I nodded, then sighed as well.

"I have to get to class; I'll see you later," I said. I grabbed my bag and slung it over one shoulder, then glanced at the time. Mme T expected us in class in a minute - crap. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath.

"Terbang!" I shouted. I felt my feet lift the ground and grow warm. I grinned and threw my feet out behind me and sped towards the pottery studio.

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. Kinda a short filler chapter, I've been studying a lot recently. please tell me how you like the story so far!!!! also, if you have an idea for a character, please comment it here! see u all next time <3