Tape # 4

Seungmin didn't listen to any tapes after his. He can quite put his finger on it, but it is very strange. Something odd caught his eye while he scanned the box. He saw a familiar name right after his...

"I.N?"

Seungmin's mission and souvenir were placed where they had their first night. His old dorm. He drove there for hours, and mind still running its circle at the name encircled for the next tape. When he stepped foot finally on the university grounds, it hasn't change one bit. The field and the bleachers. The stench of the freshly cut grass of the maintenance and the same guy, looking a little bit older, who cleaned their parks was there nodding at him.

He went straight to the dormitories, he got stares from the students and faculties who recognized him alike, He would stop by for a few and finish with their pleasantries.

He asked the students who are currently residing in his old room, for a favor and get out for a little while after introducing himself, they acknowledged him and gave him thirty minutes.

He searched the whole place for anything that was left behind.

Nothing.

Then he remembered where they hid their prohibited items and where they smuggled their joys, They did smoke their blunts in the room and some at frat parties. Being high with Jisung is a thing. Jisung was overly touchy, and giggly. It sparked the images of the two of them languidly kissing at the height of their nights under the influence. He sighs. It was inappropriate. That's what made them do the things they do before. The hidden compartment under the fixed closets. It is as dusty and untouched.
He then found a whole ass duffle bag, full of gifts and letters he wrote for him.

He went through it to make sure he's not missing anything, it's all papers. Then he encountered something that doesn't belong there. It's a signed baseball from a famous pitcher he idolized so much before who's now their coach and mentor. He looked at it as if it was bomb sent straight to outright kill him. His heart ached at the silly thing.

He dropped at the bed and sat, feeling defeated.

"It's just a ball with ink, what's so great about that, that's expensive.''

Jisung would say. A sticky note was stuck on it saying it was an overdue gift. He packed it all up and went to dial the students who live in his room and tell them that he found what he was looking for.

"Seungmin?'' He jolted at the familiar tone. A voice called out to him as Seungmin exited the door. His heart beating so fast, that he was not sure how, he never imagined to meet up with him.

He turned to see who it is, and he almost couldn't recognize him. An underclassman and Jisung's roommate, there he was, Yang Jeongin.

He wore a turtle neck, glasses and permed hair and a coat hanging on his frame.

Smiling ear-to-ear, and laughed. ''Long time, no see! What brings you here?'' He tilted his head and asked. Seungmin just dragged Jeongin out of nowhere.

"Wait-

"I still have a class to attend to-

"Whoaaa there!'' Jeongin's voice echoed through the walls of the hallway.

"What's the ruckus?'' Jeongin sipping his coffee. Seungmin randomly dragged Jeongin in the campus cafeteria got them coffes and headed to the pocket garden. Few students took picture of their alumnis. The sun is at their peripheral, middle of the afternoon, everything was turning orange preparing for dusk.