CHAPTER XXIV: THE BLOOMING UNKNOWN FLOWERS

"I forgot. My curiosity consumed me." She faced him while he was still sitting down on the fallen trunk. She curtsied and said, "Thank you for saving me."

His eyes widened looking at her. She noticed that even with the mask, he made an expression of disbelief again, but she did not take it seriously. She mused that it might be just one of her imaginations.

"Um.. Were you always be here? ...During this time?"

He wiped out the letters from the ground, and replaced it with his another answer. [Not all the time.]

"Not all the time? Meaning, you can be here at this time again?"

He looked like in deep thought again, and then, nodded.

"Then, tomorrow. Will you be here tomorrow again?"

"..."

"Don't worry. I will not speak about you to anyone if that is your concern. I promise."

He just gave a long stare on her.

"I guess, you were not." She sadly looked down. Then, she noticed that the man starting to write again on the ground.

[I will be here the next day, same time.]

She smiled before answering. "That's great. Then, I will visit here again the next day, same time."

He languidly nodded again.

"But you are not allowed to give your name, is it alright if I give you a temporary name?"

"..."

She did not wait for him to write his answer. "Then, I will call you. Rose. Mr. Rose."

The man tilted his head in perplexity. He could not believe that the lady named him after a flower, and it was supposed for women, not for men like him. It was true that he has long hair, but he was sure enough that he appeared a man to the lady, with broad shoulder and hard chest.

At that moment, she bent her half body towards him. Their faces became closed to each other. "I will call you, Rose, because you have a beautiful and vibrant red eyes."

"..."

Then, she backed off after saying those words with innocent smile, and looked to the direction where the mansion was.

"I guess, it's time for me to get back. Marielle doesn't know that I am here. She might be worried by now looking for me."