CHAPTER ELEVEN: Doubts and Accomplishment

With doubt, Ronald still tried to digest the last two paragraphs from the letter of his sister. But if it was really true, the realization of his sister to let go the young heir was a great news for him.

Not that he was against with the idea of having the former and his sister Beatrice ended up together. After all as a noble, it was an honor to have connection with high rankings, expressly, to be a part of its family, but as a big brother, he was deeply concerned about it.

He doubted if it will really bring good fortune to them, particularly to his sister because he was well aware that the young heir never showed any attraction nor interest with his sister. And one of the reasons why he was silently against it. 

He doesn't want to support his sister begging for a man's love. For him, his sister deserves more than anything in this world. Truth to be told, his sister's declaration was a generous miracle for him.

While re-reading the letter made by his sister, he prayed that time will fly fast. He wished to hug her tightly and to tell her on how he was proud of her. He also proclaimed that he will do everything for his sister to never change her mind.

****-------****

"Mr. President, do you want to know what I have gathered today?", Alec said with a cunning smile.

"If you will only disturb me on some unrelated work matters. You better shut up now, Alec.", he firmly ordered.

"You are too serious. I was just wanted to inform you about Lady Beatrice."

Hearing the name of the woman, from perusing the documents, Zeke stopped and abruptly turned his head to Alec. "What about that woman?", he curiously asked.

It has been a week since he received the allegedly last letter of the lady, which it seems to be true to be the last, because he never received any after it. However, he was still full of doubts regarding the lady's intention that he became wary of her movements.

As a matter of fact, he even hired men to spy the estate of the Marquess Croix. The spy was ordered to report all activities of the lady. Unexpectedly, the latter never made any suspicious movements. The reports sent to him were nothing to be cautious about. During the week, the lady never left the estate or even attended parties whom she is clearly fond of. The lady is popular of showing off her expensive dress and jewelries in all events.

"Her brother, Sir Ronald, bought books from the bookstore yesterday."

"..."

Zeke did not response immediately. He knew about the manipulative nature of his vice president so he was curious to what the man was going to add. "Books? And how does it relate to the lady?", he asked with composure.

"It was actually rumored to be a present to Lady Beatrice by Sir. Ronald.", Alec continued.