CHAPTER XXXVI : Where are you?

They headed back from the route that they have taken, but the road was already full of people. It was not easy to come back in a haste manner. Beatrice took the lead as she already became familiar with the road. It was only straight ahead from the fairies' garden.

"Rose, if it was not only of the full pack of people, we might have already there by now." She said while still continuing on the road.

"But you know, we already had an earliest time from what we had expected to be. We still had a lot of time."

"Right, Rose?"

She turned back to check for his companion who was behind her— the one who was supposed to be behind her.

Flinch.

She stopped from walking. The man was nowhere to be seen. "Rose?"

"Rose??" She turned around, but no trace of the man.

"Wait. Did I lose him? Rose! Where are you?"

Badump badump

Her heart pounded nervously. "Did I walk too fast from him?"

Rose?? Rose? She called him repetitively while looking around. "Where is he?"

She stopped looking around and took a deep breath. She thought that it was no room to panic. The road was only straight ahead.

"The road was only straight ahead so if I will continue in walking, and wait for him there. We will still able to meet. Yes. yes. That's right. I will wait for him at the end of the road. He might be waiting for me there too."

As she planned to continue to walk, she halted. "Wait. I never saw him passed through me. He was just walking behind me. He always walked behind me."

She glanced back. "What if something happened to him, that's why, he was gone?"

That thought shivered her in fear. Her body started to run back from the road which they came from, and called him around. "Rose? Rose, where are you?"

"Madam, have you seen a boy with long brown hair and black mask around?" She asked politely with obvious worries on her face. "He had this red crimsoned eyes."

"I am sorry, but I haven't seen anyone like that—"

"Ah is that so, thank you, Madam."

"But if you are talking about crimson eyes, weren't you talking about the young heir of Duke Aland? It was not a common eye—"